Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla unlimited mileage powertrain warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

So I found the vehicle I like to buy yesterday. It's from a different city so I would have to pay tesla $2000 for transportation.

Try to order and pay $100 deposit like 20 times this morning and it didn't went through. Any one experience this?

I'm so mad right now.

Hi guys,

So I found the vehicle I like to buy yesterday. It's from a different city so I would have to pay tesla $2000 for transportation.

Try to order and pay $100 deposit like 20 times this morning and it didn't went through. Any one experience this?

I'm so mad right now.
You’ll probably get a better response to this in a forum related to ordering.

Reactions: ibench85lbs
Hi guys,

I'm so mad right now.
You might try to call the main line and they are quite eager to get you a salesperson on the phone for you.

• Love
Reactions: ibench85lbs
No, that is not correct.

The used car warranty says:

"The balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, including the original Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty, applies to used vehicles and overlaps with this Limited Warranty."

The original new warrant is infinity miles within 8 years so with this used warranty, you get the balance of it.

If the car has run one million miles in the past 2 years, you still have infinity miles left for the next 6 years.
How do we check if we have unlimited mileage warranty or not ?
I have a Dec 2016 s75

How do we check if we have unlimited mileage warranty or not ?
I have a Dec 2016 s75
Here's the warranty that covers 2012 to 2018 Model S and X with the exception of 60 kWh battery:

"Your vehicle’s Battery and Drive Unit are covered under this Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years, with
the exception of the original 60 kWh battery (manufactured before 2015) that is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles/200,000 km, whichever comes first."

After that indicated period as stated on the warranty, it's the current:

"8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacko996
Here's the warranty that covers 2012 to 2018 Model S and X with the exception of 60 kWh battery:

"Your vehicle’s Battery and Drive Unit are covered under this Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty for a period of 8 years, with
the exception of the original 60 kWh battery (manufactured before 2015) that is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles/200,000 km, whichever comes first."

After that, it's the current:

"8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period."
Thank you