Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla vs BMW vs Mercedes 2016-18 Boca Raton, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is killing BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the used car market, in both inventory and resale value. I compared used car inventory and pricing of the 2016 Model S with the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Then I tested the 2018 used Tesla Model 3 against BMW 3 Series and 5 Series. The 2016 BMW 5 Series is getting absolutely hammered in resale value. There are hundreds for sale just in South Florida and they're selling for less than 33% of their original MSRP.
I found somewhat similar results for the 2016 S Class and the 2018 BMWs as well. Meanwhile there aren't many used Tesla Model 3 and Model S cars available in inventory, and their prices hold up much better than the Germans.

more details:
This video follows up on a recent CapitalOne article describing "The Tesla Effect" - how Tesla is impacting resale value of luxury carmakers like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus and more. It also follows up on a 2018 video by Ben Sullins of Teslanomics:

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
5 Series - 33% less than MSRP after 3 years.
Model S P85D selling for 60% less than MSRP after 3 years.

I’m calling fake news.

Factoring Model 3 depreciation into the equation is also idiotic since the car has only been around for 1 year.

The article states: 33% of their original MSRP. That is different than 33% less than MSRP. I didn't hear nor could I find the numbers you listed for the P85D at 60% less.