TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Used Tesla with cracked bumper

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tdblanchard, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Tdblanchard

Tdblanchard Member

So when doing my daily search through Tesla's inventory I came across a vehicle with an obvious crack along half of the rear bumper. I asked my "advisor" (***more on that later) if this would be repaired and he said it would not. That how it'll be delivered.
    It's a pretty bad crack and looks as if the bumper could eventually separate entirely.
    Would Tesla really let something like that slide?
    It's pretty bad.

***So far, I have three "advisors" and they've got varying degrees of helpfulness. One of them told me that they're just there to answer any questions I may have during the ordering/searching process but they don't have any more information than what's available to the general public. Another advisor was able to send me a detailed CarFax report on one that had "previous accident reported" on it when I inquired.

2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Why should they repair it?

It's just a used car program. What you see is what you get.

• Like x 2
  3. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Personally I'd rather buy a car I can inspect at a dealer and get xcare if I was so concerned about warranty.

Teslas used cars seem to be hit or miss.

• Like x 2
  4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

So just look at the ones at your location.
    All used cars are hit or miss, not sure why you expect more. These aren't CPO

5. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Let’s see a pic of the bumper. It may just be cosmetic, i.e. the bumper cover may just need replacing.