Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used tesla x inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying a used Tesla X from out of state, is there any online pre-purchase inspectors you suggest who could go and get the inspection done for me? The location is cross country, so I was hoping to see if I can get a trustworthy or insurance backed report, the car is located in SFO, CA. Thanks.

We bought our used X from Tesla and shipped cross country without inspection prior. I took payment with me to look at the car, figuring I would withhold final payment if there where issues. Our car was in very good shape and I was ok paying on personally inspecting the car. I know another member here purchased about the same time and a similar used X but had a bunch of body condition issues, looked like the car had been stored poorly and/or damaged in transit. He was not happy, but was able to get Tesla to repair the car. I don't know if things have changed, was about a year ago, but except for some sales advisors being willing to send pictures, Tesla doesn't have much in place to support pre-inspection of the vehicles.