Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tow Package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering the scarcity of the Model X Tow Package upgrade from Tesla, has anyone installed a Used Tow Package from a salvaged or other used X? I've seen several for sale, along with the adapter, and I think the only thing that would be missing would be to get Tesla to turn on Tow mode in the software?

I've emailed Tesla service the same questions, but if anyone has already done it and can share their experience please let us know.

FWIW, I needed one badly, so I email tesla and escalated to management via their website. They replied, I sent them a photo of my kids crying for not being able to go on bike trips.
Got a hitch in 2 weeks at my service center waiting for me.

comped on top of that :)

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
FWIW, I needed one badly, so I email tesla and escalated to management via their website. They replied, I sent them a photo of my kids crying for not being able to go on bike trips.
Got a hitch in 2 weeks at my service center waiting for me.
comped on top of that :)
Tesla installed a tow hitch in your X for free?

You mention “bikes”: are you towing a trailer or do you only want the hitch so you can attach a bike rack?

So I finally installed a tow hitch steel bar. I've created an appointment to get the software upgrade... took less than 2 hours to install.

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 74