Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a Y and its too small. I'm looking at used X (prices are all high) and I forget but there is a way to figure out if the 2018 models have a newer chip/faster interface. Can someone tell me how to confirm this with the seller?

Is there any harm in buying a 2016 or 2017 and are all the issues fixed?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I test drove a Y and its too small. I'm looking at used X (prices are all high) and I forget but there is a way to figure out if the 2018 models have a newer chip/faster interface. Can someone tell me how to confirm this with the seller?
From the display screen, you can see the list of features/components. If it says "Intel" then it's MCU2 starting from April 2018. Otherwise, it's MCU1 from March 2018 and earlier.

Is there any harm in buying a 2016 or 2017 and are all the issues fixed?

You can pay $1,500 to $2,000 to install MCU2.

I have one of the first 2017 X 100D's and purchased nearly all the options. I've upgraded to MCU2 for $2500, the HW3 AP computer came "free" with FSD purchase, as will updated cameras when they get around to safety ratings around 80%. I've had the "shudder" fixed under warranty. I'm pretty much equivalent to anything pre-Raven. The same should apply to any AP2.0 Model X, which started Q4 2016. Just pay attention to the options you want that may be standard on later cars but were optional on earlier cars. And the price of upgrades if needed.

From the display screen, you can see the list of features/components. If it says "Intel" then it's MCU2 starting from April 2018. Otherwise, it's MCU1 from March 2018 and earlier.

You can pay $1,500 to $2,000 to install MCU2.
The sticker says 09/18

On the display screen, should I have them send me a pic of software under more vehicle information?

What’s the 0-60 on these

Are the new Tesla model x mcu2 or did they have a better version?

Last edited:
When air suspension says “standard” does that mean I can change the height of the car?

Where does it show if it has heated seats? Is “premium” the upgraded sound system?

Attachments

• 32086014-DCFD-4907-A6D7-71C5A506EC8C.jpeg
    32086014-DCFD-4907-A6D7-71C5A506EC8C.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 64
I noticed some 2018 MX 75D have these seats that look like cheap cloth while others have more of a pleather look. Did they change the material? Which is newer?
They change the material in April/May. That deleted some color/material combinations. Our car came with a different color combination than we ordered because the earlier combination was discontinued.

Dang. I should have bought my car at the end of my lease in June. They wanted $60K.
I had a chance to buy a 2017 75D with 45K and basic AP straight from Tesla about a year and a half ago for 43K, no previous repairs.

If I knew then what I know now I’d have bought it. But then again, more Tesla stock would have been a better buy too.

Reactions: JBT66
What does premium connectivity “auto renewal” mean? Does it mean it has lifetime internet hotspot in the car or does it mean we have to pay for it?
It means the car had Premium Connectivity for a year, and has been on $10/month program since. Cars delivered prior to July 2018 had Lifetime Premium Connectivity. December 18, is when the owner will pay another $10. It is optional meaning you can turn it off, reverting to standard connectivity, if you don't want it. You can now configure permanent Wifi if you have a portable hotspot you carry with you.

Premium connectivity means you have entertainment audio, streaming music etc, and satellite images in maps. Premium does NOT include any hotspot. Tesla has no option for providing a hotspot. Standard connectivity you lose all that, unless you are connected to WiFi.