Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Y Performance $73k: Previous Owner Activated the FSD but Then Deactivated It

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im looking at a used Y performance asking price is $73k but the salesman said that the previous owner activated the FSD but then deactivated it because he didn't like it.

The salesman said that Tesla has moved to a subscription model now and that you can only subscribe to it.

Does any of this sound right? I was hoping to just buy a model where the person just paid outright for the FSD and its included in the car permanently.

Tesla has a subscription model, but also still has purchase outright. "Previous owner activated it then deactivated it" simply means they paid for a subscription for some amount of time and then stopped paying for it.

Every new tesla has the hardware. If you want FSD, then you will want to keep looking (and probably buy from the first owner instead of a dealership).

Tesla has a subscription model, but also still has purchase outright. "Previous owner activated it then deactivated it" simply means they paid for a subscription for some amount of time and then stopped paying for it.

Every new tesla has the hardware. If you want FSD, then you will want to keep looking (and probably buy from the first owner instead of a dealership).

I believe the packages are Nothing at all, AutoPilot, and AutoPilot + FSD. Is that right? Upgrading to FSD is cheaper if the person has paid for AutoPIlot right?

This car is a 2021 model. AP might have started becoming a standard option at some point? If you choose to upgrade to buy outright, is it the full price of $10k?

I believe the packages are Nothing at all, AutoPilot, and AutoPilot + FSD. Is that right? Upgrading to FSD is cheaper if the person has paid for AutoPIlot right?

This car is a 2021 model. AP might have started becoming a standard option at some point? If you choose to upgrade to buy outright, is it the full price of $10k?
It is $10K if you purchase FSD.

FSD subscription is $199/month for 2021 models.

Autopilot comes standard on all 2021 models.

As @glide says, Autopilot is standard on all 2021s (and 2020s)... it was made standard midway through 2019.

FSD will be 10k to purchase for any 2021. You can subscribe for 200 a month, also as specified by @glide.

Is Enhanced Autopilot discontinued and has been merged into FSD now ?

Correct (at least in the US). Enhanced autopilot will only be found on used teslas, that have not been traded back into tesla at any point. Tesla got rid of enhanced autopilot when they made "autopilot" standard, around april of 2019. There was a window where they sold it again for a brief time in the US, but I dont remember off hand when that was.

Dont plan on a 2020 or 2021 Model 3/Y having enhanced autopilot in the US. Its not impossible, but unlikely. You would be looking at autopilot (included) or FSD. If you are looking at older teslas, thats different.