Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Useful range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was asked to set to 80% charging limit, which gives 440km on a full charge. In reality the range is roughly 320km (I travel around 80km a day mostly on highway).

wow, this is unbelievable. 80% of 85kWh is 68kWh so if the range indicated when charge is complete is 440km, your average energy/km must be 68000/440=155Wh/km. I do mostly highway also but with hills at both ends my energy/km is around 200.

I estimate the % based on the scale marks shown on the charge slider bar.

VisibleTesla allows you to set the charge limit % exactly. From the VisibleTesla site...

07_Charge_Tab.png

The slider includes the charge limit setting in % displayed off the right end of the slider. The "Standard" button jumps to 90% and "Max" jumps to 100%.

This thread kind of split in 2 - tracking and planning. I think VisibleTesla is a great control/tracking utility. For estimating energy for a given route, try EV Trip Planner (the Planner is the main app) - it provides estimates of energy used (kWh and Rted Miles) for your specific routes, car and driving conditions. We have thousands of users reporting accurate results. Happy Tripping!

This thread kind of split in 2 - tracking and planning. I think VisibleTesla is a great control/tracking utility. For estimating energy for a given route, try EV Trip Planner (the Planner is the main app) - it provides estimates of energy used (kWh and Rted Miles) for your specific routes, car and driving conditions. We have thousands of users reporting accurate results. Happy Tripping!

Agreed Cliff. VisibleTesla provides pretty comprehensive control and monitoring of the vehicle, actually more than the Tesla smartphone app. EVTripPlanner is a terrific planning tool with accurate energy requirements based on lots of variables (speed, temperature, weight, elevation,...). Thanks to you and your family for providing an excellent tool.