Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

User Settings since update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issues with user settings changing/not saving consistently since the last update? I'm currently on 2020.48.26 and my wife's seat/wheel/mirror settings aren't always going to their saved positions even though her name shows up. Mine seem to be fine, oddly.

My seat/wheel/mirror settings are erratic, as well. Also, the car doesn't always recognize me (my phone) when I want to open the door, sometimes need to use the Tesla card.
Check your software. You should be 2020.48.30, which came out a few days ago.

My seat/wheel/mirror settings are erratic, as well. Also, the car doesn't always recognize me (my phone) when I want to open the door, sometimes need to use the Tesla card.
Check your software. You should be 2020.48.30, which came out a few days ago.
Are you sure your phone key isn’t recognized, or is it disconnected? Mine disconnects every once on a while - the app displays this status under phone key.

Once it disconnects, turning my phone’s Bluetooth off and back on reconnects it and everything works.

Reactions: Pianewman
Mine also seems to now be less reliable (phone unlocking car) since 2020.48.30, I have had two recent instants where I need to pull out my phone and 'open' the App (I keep it running in background on iOS) to get the car to unlock. Prior to this, I think I only had this happen once in 6months of ownership.

My profile has always been slightly erratic, it will adjust to my profile, but 'not quite'. I make fairly frequent (very) minor adjustments to seat position, and it seems fairly often it will only remember the prior profile saved and not the most recent but I couldn't say this happens consistently and due the fact they are very small adjustments, could even be my imagination...

We use fobs to alleviate any potential phone issues. Its just odd, as her name appears but her seat stays way back at easy entry level (she's petite so it normally goes waaaaay forward once it recognizes her. I guess there are a few issues for others as well with profiles. Hopefully incremental updates will fix.

Are you sure your phone key isn’t recognized, or is it disconnected? Mine disconnects every once on a while - the app displays this status under phone key.

Once it disconnects, turning my phone’s Bluetooth off and back on reconnects it and everything works.

I had to do this today too. wouldn't detect my phone had to switch BT off and back on and was good after