TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

User Settings

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by heffneil, Mar 30, 2017.

1. heffneil

heffneil Member

I would love to see some improvements on the User Settings. For one my wife is much shorter and I have to squeeze in when I get in the car after she drove it. Ideally as I approach it would have the seat move back. Is there an exit position option on this car? Seems like most larger SUV's have this available. Also I would like the radio settings to revert based on the user. My wife was listening to one stream and me to another. Also I would like my console configuration to be the same user by user...

I don't know about steering dynamics if they carry over user by user but that would be cool as well.

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

3. heffneil

heffneil Member

Yes for sure! Auto Exit Seat

4. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Yes, the James Bond ejector seat! Gotta love it!

5. heffneil

heffneil Member

My son asks me what the recline button is on the air plane and I tell him its the ejector seat. The reaction is priceless and he seems to forget from one flight to the next. He wants to press it SO bad :)

6. heffneil

heffneil Member

Also seat ventilation settings should be saved and recalled.

7. animorph

animorph Member

Don't the fob-linked driver profiles help out for most of this? I can see the profiles switch when I use the different fobs, but I haven't had my wife set up her profile yet.

8. heffneil

heffneil Member

I don't know. I know it says the fob is linked to my profile but when I approach the car it still shows the wife's name

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Maybe she switched fobs with you?;)

My wife and I have different colored covers on our fobs.

10. heffneil

heffneil Member

I wish that was the case but I have my keys on mine so I know that I have the one "assigned" to my profile. Still I don't get how it cant go to my profile if it can detect I am approaching the car?

11. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Did you create separate driver profiles in the car? Just having the keyfob isn't enough - you have to go into Settings after turning on the car with each keyfob and create an account of sorts to enable to profile. (See page 37 of the Model X manual.)

12. heffneil

heffneil Member

My wife and I each have a profile. It says Neil assigned to key 2 and hers says no linked fob but press here to link to fob 1. Perhaps I should do that.