Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using 2017-2020 Model 3 OEM 19” wheels on a 2022 Performance - What is needed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I have a set of the OEM 19” Sport wheels from my old Model 3 LR that I want to use on my current 2022 Model 3 Performance. These wheels are from the 2017-2020 generation of Model 3’s so it doesn’t have the 3mm lip to accommodate the stepped hub on the Performance.

The part number for the wheel is: 1234224-00-A

How can I safely use them on my Performance 3? I was trying to do some research on this and it seems that it should be possible using a 5mm spacer?

Can anyone confirm if this is true and if so what brand/spacer/spec is best to go with? From what I understood, there is about 5mm of unthreaded length on the wheel studs of the Performance 3’s so this should really not negatively impact anything while providing a flush mounting surface for the 19” wheels.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

1659967018778.jpeg

Performance Hub Stepped Lip Delete Kit from @MODEL+ comes in 3mm and 5mm versions.

I have no personal experience with spacers, or that vendor, but from what I understand 3mm-5mm "step delete" spacers are very safe (in terms of thread engagement) and commonly used on these cars, and I've only seen positive, helpful things from + about that vendor here.
Wow, this is very helpful. Thank you very much!

@MODEL+ Do you happen to have any pictures with how the 19” wheels look with the 5mm spacers installed?

@Tony_YYZ

I could be mistaken but I believe the 19" OEM sport wheel should have the stepped-lip cut out. I would verify that in person if possible.
The center bore of the wheel should look something like this:

View attachment 838348

Danny
Hi Danny,

Here is a picture or my wheel. Does this look to be the same? I was also mistaken in my original post regarding The part number of the wheels. Looks like they are 1044224-00-B. The original P/N I posted was found on the invoice that the original purchaser gave to me which as I understood it the -A revision wheels did not have the stepped lip. I just checked the physical stamp on the wheels and see a different P/N with a revision -B designation.

Hopefully you or someone can confirm from the pictures below that these wheels will indeed bolt right up. Thanks.

E4BC97A6-679D-45F0-A4CA-F9194DD7F2E8.jpeg
8E1F5865-D264-44A2-8213-7E11BD89728F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Danny,

Here is a picture or my wheel. Does this look to be the same? I was also mistaken in my original post regarding The part number of the wheels. Looks like they are 1044224-00-B. The original P/N I posted was found on the invoice that the original purchaser gave to me which as I understood it the -A revision wheels did not have the stepped lip. I just checked the physical stamp on the wheels and see a different P/N with a revision -B designation.

Hopefully you or someone can confirm from the pictures below that these wheels will indeed bolt right up. Thanks.

View attachment 838368View attachment 838369
Yes, your wheels do appear to have the stepped lip cut out. Should bolt up to your M3P just fine.

Danny

Similar question. Will 2020 Model 3 19” sport wheels fit a 2022 Model 3 LR?
Since nobody else has answered this yet, yes they will fit.

I don't have personal experience but absolutely everything I've read about wheels and hubs and rotor hats and such on this car, says no fitment changes there, the 2020 19" wheels will fit a 2022 M3LR perfectly fine.

I have extra set of 19" Sport Wheels from my early year (May) 2018 M3 LR RWD...the wheels are the -A version...but they still seem to have the stepped lip. Is that possible? Will they fit on my new 2022 M3P if I need to use them temp for winter usage in place of my 20inch uber wheels? I just need to use them for a few months during the winter while I find new rims for my M3P