Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using 245/45 R18 or 235/55 R19 tires on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switching over from an E300 & a GLC300 to two (our first ever Tesla) Model Y! I have winter tires from both those cars and wondering if they can fit Model Y? It doesn’t officially match according to Tire Rack.. but wanted to hear from the community if these tires would fit the Model Y:
1. 245/45 R18 XL 100V, Pirelli BelowZero) — these come from E300
2. 235/55 R19 101W (Pirelli Scorpion Winter) — these come from GLC300

Would love to know everyone’s thoughts if these tires would fit our Model Y — would definitely save a great expense! If they don’t fit, curious if they would fit Model 3 or Model S instead?

Thanks frankvb. I tried that, and for the 245/45 R18 tire the diameter is 5% smaller than the stock tires. So I’m guessing these won’t fit?
E16768C0-B0CA-406E-82A8-9E7E7F0D0DEF.jpeg

They are quite a bit smaller so the speedometer would be off by 4.6%. I think they would fit in terms of not rubbing as they are smaller in all dimensions. Personally I would not go larger or smaller than something like 2%.

The load rating of those tires is 100 XL, while the minimum (for the 20" tires) is 101 XL. I can't tell you if that is a risk worth taking (or maybe it doesn't really matter that much).

FYI a friend asked about using his 18" M3 winter tires on his new MY and was told that Tesla wouldn't support any warranty issues with suspension if he didn't use the specified tire size. I suspect there's no real technical issue if the diameters are the same, probably just CYA on their part. Maybe not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.