Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using 5 Seat Trunk Mat in 7 Seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody with a 7 seater tried to fit a 5 seat trunk mat in the rear cargo area?

99% of the time my 3rd row seats are going to be down. I am not thrilled with the 3dMaxpider 7 seat trunk mat that I bought. I would rather have one continuous mat (that I would remove when using the 3rd row) than a split one that velcros to the seat. It looks like the fit might be close from the pictures, but Evannex does not accept returns on the Luxe mats, which I love from my Model S.

1648751572774.png

yup, I've been doing it for a year. no 7-seat options were available at the time.

7-seat options did eventually come out, but they cost more than the full set I got a year ago (front/rear floor mats. frunk, sub trunk and trunk mats).

They're 95% there... see pic. the corners near the seats don't sit completely flush, but didn't bother me. I think these are Tesmanian. Its one mat, I took the velcro off the back, I used it once and it looked like it would tear up the felt over time.

Attachments

• 20210723_225539.jpg
    20210723_225539.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
This is awesome news, thank you very much for the picture! That's exactly the spots where I thought it would be an issue, the "wings" right before the 2nd row which are open in our cars.

Do you have any issue with the trunk "lip" near the latch? I know the reversible platform angles down when it is in "flat" mode, so wasn't sure how that would work out.

This is awesome news, thank you very much for the picture! That's exactly the spots where I thought it would be an issue, the "wings" right before the 2nd row which are open in our cars.

Do you have any issue with the trunk "lip" near the latch? I know the reversible platform angles down when it is in "flat" mode, so wasn't sure how that would work out.
I haven't had any issues. I always leave the subtrunk cover in the "flat configuration". I think the corners prevent it from sliding.