Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a 21" turbine spare while on 3X 19" slipstreams

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
Got a flat on one of my slipstreams with winter tires, and was wondering if there is any problem with using a single 21" turbine wheel with summers as a temporary spare for 50-100 kms while i get it fixed / replaced.

My S is a dual motor car.

BigNick

Disaffected Member
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Got a flat on one of my slipstreams with winter tires, and was wondering if there is any problem with using a single 21" turbine wheel with summers as a temporary spare for 50-100 kms while i get it fixed / replaced.

My S is a dual motor car.
The differentials on the Tesla aren't "posi" or locking so a slight difference in overall tire diameter won't cause mechanical issues.
I can't guarantee the ABS or other computers won't see things as being "off" and have a cow.

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
The overall diameter difference is about .1 of an inch, which equates to 2 fewer revolutions per mile travelled between the 2 sizes.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC