Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a Credit Card or Paypal to pay for Tesla Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Electrph
Friends,

Called the number in this thread from today. The rep told me basically all payments from now on are ACH through the Tesla account and no changes are to be expected of it in the future...

Can someone share the latest experience on whether or not we can still pay via credit card?

Thanks!

Friends,

Called the number in this thread from today. The rep told me basically all payments from now on are ACH through the Tesla account and no changes are to be expected of it in the future...

Can someone share the latest experience on whether or not we can still pay via credit card?

Thanks!
Given that somebody said they paid with a CC on Wednesday, perhaps you will be able to find a rep if you call again who might be willing to process it. I think a few other people have been told at times they don't take CCs, so it is possible they are phasing them out, but it may also be some employees are misinformed.

I have to think eventually they will shut this option down since it is pretty expensive for them - hopefully you were not caught on the wrong end of a policy change.

Given that somebody said they paid with a CC on Wednesday, perhaps you will be able to find a rep if you call again who might be willing to process it. I think a few other people have been told at times they don't take CCs, so it is possible they are phasing them out, but it may also be some employees are misinformed.

I have to think eventually they will shut this option down since it is pretty expensive for them - hopefully you were not caught on the wrong end of a policy change.

Seems like I am stuck on the wrong end, my friend... The agent told me the shift has happened recently and he wasn't seeing an option on his end to pay with Credit Card anywhere. Just decided to validate with TMC, since you guys are a gold mine or info... :)

Please keep this thread updated from your latest experience, thank you all!

Wow and at what stage of your solar order are you at? We're just signing off on the design just now...

Its entirely possible that the option could be gone by the time you get to that stage. If they are starting to tell people "no more credit cards" it might be filtering through, but you wont be making payments for a month or more so you could be out of luck.

For those that executed a Purchase Contract prior to this change, we should still be able to pay via CC. I'm sure this factored into many peoples' decisions not to finance from the get-go.

I’m hoping you are correct but i do not recall tesla stating anywhere that a cc could be used as payment so I do not think they are obligated to accept it for anybody, I only learned of the cc option from this awesome forum.
But again .. I hope you are correct

I’m hoping you are correct but i do not recall tesla stating anywhere that a cc could be used as payment so I do not think they are obligated to accept it for anybody, I only learned of the cc option from this awesome forum.

I hope I'm correct too :) I'll find out in November. Paying via CC was standard practice and well known until this change.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct. A few people some time back were able to get their advisor to state in writing that CC is an option, so they might be able to use that, but I don't think it is generally stated in Tesla contracts. At least in my case, there was nothing about how to pay in the contract, but luckily for me, at the time they were sending out invoices via paypal.

I hope I'm correct too :) I'll find out in November. Paying via CC was standard practice and well known until this change.

It was well known here, but I dont remember anything in the tesla paperwork saying anything other than "cash" or financing through one of the solar loans they offered at the time.

I hope you are right... but dont expect you to be, unfortunately. IF they changed the policy, I dont know if having an order in before the change would matter (although you could likely escalate to a supervisor and state "I made a decision not to finance this due to the ability to pay by credit card, so I really need you to make this happen") and see if they might be able to do something one off...

Our sales person said we can definitely pay by CC and this definitely factored into our decision to pull the trigger. Now he doesn't respond to our emails or call us back...

Any suggestions guys?

You are so far away from paying (if you are just at the design stage) you are completely wasting your time right now. who knows what will or wont be in effect when its time for you to pay. Worry about it then, you cant do anything about it now :)