Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a Credit Card or Paypal to pay for Tesla Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to cash in on some cashback and credit card perks here too. My system was just installed yesterday and my city inspection is tomorrow. Hopefully my PTO comes quick enough that I can still,get this option to pay.
The payment/invoice was almost within the hour of inspection pass. The Tesla energy rep who showed up that day made things move to next step on his end in my driveway.

The payment/invoice was almost within the hour of inspection pass. The Tesla energy rep who showed up that day made things move to next step on his end in my driveway.
My install date keeps getting pushed back. Now for the 21st. I explained I needed it paid before the end of the year, and last year Tesla delayed and wrote me a check for the difference. The onsite project manager who came yesterday for the tear off insured me their goal was no later than 12/31 for inspection to pass and they were doing everything they could not to have to write checks again this year.

My install date keeps getting pushed back. Now for the 21st. I explained I needed it paid before the end of the year, and last year Tesla delayed and wrote me a check for the difference. The onsite project manager who came yesterday for the tear off insured me their goal was no later than 12/31 for inspection to pass and they were doing everything they could not to have to write checks again this year.
When did you order and what is your set up? What are they waiting for? It took me 3 months to go from order to install. They were waiting for the powerwalls for me.

Oh dang ok. Hopefully soon for your. The roof is more work than panels. The longest part for my install during the day was the circuit breakers being relocated. I have a fairly full 200A service.
Mine is super trivial. They stated it will take the most a day.

Only thing that needs to be figured out, and can come later, is how to tie the production info into the PWs that are 400 feet away. They kind of did not think through that part. :)

Just got my invoice. Order placed on 7/25:

Your solar system inspection is completed, and your payment is due. Attached please find a copy of your invoice for payment purposes.

We accept payment by check or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express):

• Credit card: Payments can be made online through paypal. You can also pay via phone at 877-973-7652 between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
  • Check: Provide your payment by mail to the address on the invoice.
  • Note: We cannot interconnect your system until we receive your final payment

OK, next dumb question, how can I be sure this is REALLY tesla and not someone that hacked Tesla's accounts receivables and sent out fake invoices. I know. Paranoid, but it's a lot of money.

Also, the paypal invoice asks me to pick one of the cards I have on file. Does it allow me to split it up over two cards?

Last edited:
I used chase preferred rewards, that metal blue one. My citi double cash is only $8k limit. They never want to increase my limit because it's a free card.
With citi, usually if your credit is good, you can ask for a credit increase every 6 or 7 months with no credit pull. The increase is normally between $500-$2000. Wait another 7 months and ask again. Rinse, repeat, continue. I actually just asked last month and got an increase of $2000. My limit on that card is low-to-mid at $14,000 compared to my other cards.