Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a Credit Card or Paypal to pay for Tesla Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my system installed 2 weeks ago, inspection done 1 week ago, and just got PTO few days ago...no invoice or anything regarding payment yet.

Any suggestions on how to go about asking to pay for this in a way that will allow credit card? Should I just ask for my invoice to pay and then call the number in this thread?

I got my system installed 2 weeks ago, inspection done 1 week ago, and just got PTO few days ago...no invoice or anything regarding payment yet.

Any suggestions on how to go about asking to pay for this in a way that will allow credit card? Should I just ask for my invoice to pay and then call the number in this thread?
You would have to wait for an invoice. They would verify all the details on your invoice then accept your payment. However its weird that they did not sent you an invoice but processed for PTO.

After installation they will send you a bill, with a way to make payment.

If you wish to pay in a different way, ask what options you have to make payment and they transfered me to Billing.

Helpful employee said at that time they could accept credit cards, but you will need to check on your individual circumstance and options.

After you make payment they will reach out to your utility and ask that your system be integrated into their grid.

Also surprised that you got PTO prior to payment, but before EOY they are extremely busy doing instalations.

Okay so for me, it's been like 1-2 weeks since we paid by credit card. The tesla.com account still asks for a payment. I've called in and they said just wait for the payment to clear or something and just check back in another week. What's everyone's experience? They put a note on my account that it's paid off and they sent me another receipt to prove it. I'm already PTO and all good with PG&E. Just wanna close out this transaction

Okay so for me, it's been like 1-2 weeks since we paid by credit card. The tesla.com account still asks for a payment. I've called in and they said just wait for the payment to clear or something and just check back in another week. What's everyone's experience? They put a note on my account that it's paid off and they sent me another receipt to prove it. I'm already PTO and all good with PG&E. Just wanna close out this transaction
Same here.. its more than two weeks for me now. I am sure it shows paid in their system everywhere but just not online.

My system was installed on 12/1, permit was signed off on 12/4, and PTO on 12/29. No invoice received, nothing online, and have requested invoice from my advisor and several calls to no avail. They do not seem to want payment and are not concerned about it. I have given up trying to force payment on them.

My system was installed on 12/1, permit was signed off on 12/4, and PTO on 12/29. No invoice received, nothing online, and have requested invoice from my advisor and several calls to no avail. They do not seem to want payment and are not concerned about it. I have given up trying to force payment on them.

Took them 6 weeks to send me an invoice and that was with me asking a dozen times.

Same. I wonder if this will hold up my PTO?
For us paying seemed to trigger the transmission of the PTO request being sent to PG&E. Within 30 minutes of paying via PayPal we received notice that PTO was requested from PG&E

But, don't you already have PTO since you have another solar system? I assume it is easier to amend an existing PTO and you could operate in the meantime.

For us paying seemed to trigger the transmission of the PTO request being sent to PG&E. Within 30 minutes of paying via PayPal we received notice that PTO was requested from PG&E

But, don't you already have PTO since you have another solar system? I assume it is easier to amend an existing PTO and you could operate in the meantime.
I have three PTO's: 2 for solar and 1 for PWs.

But they seem to want to do new ones every time.

I'm in the same boat as you. Got installed end of November, PTO mid December, no invoice yet. I did call in towards end of December to get the invoice but was told it has to be generated and they will make a note of it. Same as you, I'm not going to reach out again and will just wait.

Just curious, for those that paid by credit card over the phone, did you at least get a payment confirmation or receipt immediately after by email?

I'm in the same boat as you. Got installed end of November, PTO mid December, no invoice yet. I did call in towards end of December to get the invoice but was told it has to be generated and they will make a note of it. Same as you, I'm not going to reach out again and will just wait.

Just curious, for those that paid by credit card over the phone, did you at least get a payment confirmation or receipt immediately after by email?

Yeah, basically instantly.

I'm noticing that when I log into my account online though it still says to submit final payment. I wonder if they won't process my self-referral until I get off my ass and have them fix that…

Reactions: AcerMe
Not sure if anyone wanted more data points for ability to pay with credit card over the phone.
Called number listed in this thread, told person that answered "I was told I could call this number to pay my invoice with credit card over the phone. " She said I was set up for ACH payment (plaid i assume), said she needed to get supervisor approval and asked if I would be paying full invoice. After ~ 10 min she returned, said she had permission and allowed me to split total over 3 cards with amounts of my choosing. Very easy experience, very pleasant representative.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AcerMe and aesculus