Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using a Nintendo Switch in the backseat of a Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just recently picked up a new V2 Nintendo switch(covid purchase), and I am taking a short 3 hour road trip this weekend. I've taken other road trips in the past and used the USB plugs in the back to keep the kids tablets going. But I've heard the switch is different, doesn't use the USB power delivery standard, and typical cell phone chargers can't handle it. Will plugging the switch into the USB in the back of the model S work?

The new switch uses like 6-8 watts max. It can happily sip off of a basic iPhone power brick. So yes it will but it won’t give you a super fast recharge speed but it should be plenty for hours of playtime.

I just recently picked up a new V2 Nintendo switch(covid purchase), and I am taking a short 3 hour road trip this weekend. I've taken other road trips in the past and used the USB plugs in the back to keep the kids tablets going. But I've heard the switch is different, doesn't use the USB power delivery standard, and typical cell phone chargers can't handle it. Will plugging the switch into the USB in the back of the model S work?

what? the USB ports on the tesla doesn't support USB power delivery either.. its just a typical USB 2.0 charging speed