Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using an inverter to charge a computer: recommendations? cautionary tales? effect on 12 v battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd heard such talk too so I contacted support in chat, once they understood that I was connecting to the 12v battery directly and not the "powertrain" battery or the AUX 12v port in the center console they said it was fine. I kept the chat conversation just in case though :) I haven't had any errors or warnings from the car, even after running like this for ~36 hours and I'm struggling to understand what kind of problem could come up at this point.

I tried contacting Tesla through chat to ask the same question, so that I could get my own copy of the transcript in case a warranty issue arises. I got a support agent who was unable to comment and unwilling to escalate the question to management. Instead, they referred me to Tesla Energy support, which I'm sure would have just tried to sell me a Powerwall. What options did you select to reach a helpful rep?

I tried contacting Tesla through chat to ask the same question, so that I could get my own copy of the transcript in case a warranty issue arises. I got a support agent who was unable to comment and unwilling to escalate the question to management. Instead, they referred me to Tesla Energy support, which I'm sure would have just tried to sell me a Powerwall. What options did you select to reach a helpful rep?

Sorry but I don't recall any options in particular, I just initiated a chat, waited the hour or so to get a response and got into the discussion.