Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using app without Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to use the mobile app to remote start the climate control and do other car functions without Bluetooth on? If I don't want to use the phone as a car key, can I use other functions of the app through cellular?

As a rule I don't leave Bluetooth on in my phone in order to save battery life and to prevent the phone from connecting and disconnecting from various Bluetooth devices as I walk around.

Is it possible to use the mobile app to remote start the climate control and do other car functions without Bluetooth on? If I don't want to use the phone as a car key, can I use other functions of the app through cellular?

As a rule I don't leave Bluetooth on in my phone in order to save battery life and to prevent the phone from connecting and disconnecting from various Bluetooth devices as I walk around.
Bluetooth is only used for phone key or audio source. Everything else communicates over cellular data/wifi.