Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using calendar to pre-condition battery for departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 22 M3P lets me schedule 2 preconditions. One in my garage from home at 7:30 and the second is when I'm at work at noon(leaving for lunch). When I look at the app it show the next precondition based on location (it never preconditions at noon from home). I think it is GPS based so try to look at the schedule tab on the app and see if it works for you too

I have been trying to sort a round about solution for this. Unsuccessful this far but working on automation apps.

Trying apps like ifttt where I get a "time to go in xx" notification from Waze (linked to my calendar events with addresses) then having the app run an action to precondition a set amount of time in the future.

There's no actions to select preconditioning but am going to try and sort out a macro app to run the steps necessary to get it functional.

Until tesla just links preconditioning to calendar events where you add a distant address.

Even better though....a desktop widget button to just begin preconditioning when you select it.
Pretty sure if you turn on climate control in the app it also preconditions the battery.
IMG_1708.jpg