Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using circuit electirique in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kbeckley

Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto(ish)
Need some help from our Quebec Tesla membership. My family is staying at the chateaux Montebello for 2 nights. We knew there was a charger so I thought we were all good. Upon further investigation I have just learned that it is a circuit electrique charger for which you seem to need a card. I have just signed up for an account but do you actually need a card to operate the charger because I will not be able to get one in time? A little worried about it.

I have just signed up for an account but do you actually need a card to operate the charger because I will not be able to get one in time? A little worried about it.

There's a mobile app (iOS and Android) that you can use to activate most of the stations. Unfortunately, the unit in Montebello isn't one of them. You can use the app to locate the unit, but you're told to use your card to start a session.

Fortunately, the 24-hour customer service will generally be willing to start a session remotely for you. Just have your account information and the station's code + address on hand when you call.

Code: CE-FM-005
Fairmont Chateau Montebello
392, rue Notre-Dame
Montebello, QC J0V 1L0

Unfortunately, you do need a card to get it to work. There's a Circuit Electrique app but unfortunately, you can't start a charging session without the card. You could try calling them, they might be able to activate it remotely while you're there...

Thanks for the offer Doug. Decided to cross the river from Montebello at Hawksbury and head to the Cornwall supercharger. Our first supercharging!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and an update on the circuit electrique charger at Montebello. I called the 24 hr hotline and they were very helpful however they were never able to get the charger working. I had an account with money and they could see that the tesla was plugged in but they could never 'send the charge'. Maybe if I had had a card I tight have worked but they were never able to get the charger to charge although various tech guys on the phone tried to make it work. Luckily I was there for 40 hrs and a 120v 12A outlet gave me more than enough charge to get to the Cornwall Supercharger.