Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using DC Power Converter in the Model 3 during Camp Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Community!

We've been camping a little more often now, and I want to try sleeping in the Model 3 using Camp Mode. However I need to use a CPAP machine when I sleep and wanted to use 12v Power Socket with the ResMed AirMini Travel CPAP 65W DC Converter.

By the looks of the specs and what I see in the Model 3 Owner's Manual, this should workout ok. Wanted to run it by everyone here before I try, I don't want to damage anything.

Specs of the DC Converter:
  • Dimensions: 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 Inches
  • Weight: 1.6875 Pounds
  • Cord Length: 9 Feet 9 Inches
  • Fuses: 12 Amp
  • DC Power Input: 12 Volts or 24 Volts

thanks so much! Very helpful.

It should work fine. From the manual, the 12V outlet is suitable for accessories
requiring up to 12A continuous draw (16A
peak). Your ResMed inverter has a 12A slow-acting fuse.

In case you were to overdraw the 12v circuit in the car, the computer will cut off power to it until the car sleeps for a while (there are no fuses in Model 3).

Hello Community!

We've been camping a little more often now, and I want to try sleeping in the Model 3 using Camp Mode. However I need to use a CPAP machine when I sleep and wanted to use 12v Power Socket with the ResMed AirMini Travel CPAP 65W DC Converter.

By the looks of the specs and what I see in the Model 3 Owner's Manual, this should workout ok. Wanted to run it by everyone here before I try, I don't want to damage anything.

Specs of the DC Converter:
  • Dimensions: 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 Inches
  • Weight: 1.6875 Pounds
  • Cord Length: 9 Feet 9 Inches
  • Fuses: 12 Amp
  • DC Power Input: 12 Volts or 24 Volts
  • thanks so much! Very helpful.
    Hi Venezing
How did it work out running your inverter & CPAP from your 12 V socket?
I am wondering whether to buy a model Y or an Ioniq 5. (I prefer the Tesla but the 240 V power outlet in the Ioniq 5 is a good feature)
Thanks
Ian