Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Ivy Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at the Ingleside onRoute station this week and tried their Tesla-adapted CHAdeMO charger. Made 3 attempts but every one terminated after ~30 seconds. Any suggestions on what I might need to do to make it work? Fortunately I didn't actually need a charge!

Really curious to see how reliable this is too. I installed and setup the Ivy app and it looks reasonable. They show available, in-use and offline charger info in the app for each station including if it’s CCS Chademo or Tesla connectors.

Waiting for our MYP but for the main stretch of 401 we usually travel, I’m not thrilled with the super charger locations. London is ok but a bit off the highway. The West Lorne and Woodstock OnRoutes are our usual stops so hoping the Ivy chargers are decent to use.

So I guess these things are using chademo adapters which means 50kW max :(

I emailed them to see if they can clarify:

1. That they are indeed using chademo
2. Why the Tesla ports are listed at 200kW in some locations if they are indeed restricted to 50kW
3. Why they are charging the same rate per hour ($18.00/hour) for 200kW and 50kW

If we ever get the CCS adapter these stations might be reasonable. They said in one article I found that if these come out they would investigate switching to them instead of the chademo ones for the Tesla spots.