Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Model 3 Wheels on my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 19 inch is 235/40 R19 = 26.4 inch diameter
Model Y 19 inch is 255/45 R19 = 28 inch diameter
Your M3 tires are smaller and would be rotating more times per each mile when compared to proper MY tires. So you would have speedometer and odometer errors to deal with - 56.6 MPH actual when showing 60 MPH on the screen, and I would expect them to wear out faster than tires properly sized for the MY.

Tire Size Comparison

And as previously stated, and more important here, the load rating of the wheel+tire must be sufficient for the MY. The OP never provided any details on the M3 tires, so this is an unknown. If these M3 wheels+tires are not sufficient in that respect, it could lead to a failure from the extra load and stress under some vehicle loading and driving conditions. If you ever had an accident or issue using tires not rated for that vehicle, your insurance may not cover it. They might be okay to use as a spare tire in a pinch, but even then the delta in size and revolutions per mile would freak out the MY traction control and cause issues driving when one tire was rotating much more than the other. I would not even consider that, only as a last resort if stuck with no other options.

IMO not worth it, sell them and buy a properly sized set.

Model 3 19 inch is 235/40 R19 = 26.4 inch diameter
Model Y 19 inch is 255/45 R19 = 28 inch diameter
Your M3 tires are smaller and would be rotating more times per each mile when compared to proper MY tires. So you would have speedometer and odometer errors to deal with - 56.6 MPH actual when showing 60 MPH on the screen, and I would expect them to wear out faster than tires properly sized for the MY.

Tire Size Comparison

And as previously stated, and more important here, the load rating of the wheel+tire must be sufficient for the MY. The OP never provided any details on the M3 tires, so this is an unknown. If these M3 wheels+tires are not sufficient in that respect, it could lead to a failure from the extra load and stress under some vehicle loading and driving conditions. If you ever had an accident or issue using tires not rated for that vehicle, your insurance may not cover it. They might be okay to use as a spare tire in a pinch, but even then the delta in size and revolutions per mile would freak out the MY traction control and cause issues driving when one tire was rotating much more than the other. I would not even consider that, only as a last resort if stuck with no other options.

IMO not worth it, sell them and buy a properly sized set.
I use the model 3 uberturbine 20" on my MYP and they're great. Go 255/45R20 tires. Load rating for both wheel and tire (obv) are fine.