Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using my own referral code...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would I get 5,000 miles (as the buyer) + 5,000 miles (as the referrer) = 10,000 free SC miles total?

I'm looking to add a Model X for hauling my dogs. I charge my (free supercharging) Model S primarily at home ($0.0523/kWh) even though I have 24 superchargers 7 miles from home. 10,000 free SC miles for the Model X would probably last me forever.

Actually, the entries to win the Roadster are the real reason for wanting to use my referral code. :D

In your case it won’t be the amount of miles, but rather that the supercharger miles expire after 6 months.

While that is in the fine print on the referrer side, there is no fine print about Supercharging miles expiration on the referral side. It is going to be interesting if they try to enforce that, especially with the bump to 5,000 miles recently used as an incentive. Many people will not use that many Supercharging miles in 6 months. I took screenshots of every part of the ordering process and read every document provided and it's not there at all.