Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Optiwatt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the problem you are experiencing? From the start, I had an issue related to a misconfiguration on my part. I set the car charge schedule at night and also selected a charge schedule with Optiwatt. As a result, the car would charge immediately when plugged in at home.

Just found this app today while watching a Tesla Youtube video. I just finished setting up my account on the website and linked my car.

Will charge for the next few days to see if I have any charging data to populate my account and if there are any issues with charge scheduling.

Optiwatt is not accurate at all when it comes to report charging cost... it is not a question of entering the right rate, but the way they make the whole calculation.
Since February 2022 the tesla app offers the possibility to track charging costs as well... and i could compare with what Optiwatt reports... an example :
- February 12 2022 (Optiwatt)
Charging at off-peak (0.11/Kwh) Optiwatt reported a cost of 0.87CHF
- February 12 2022 (Tesla APP)
Charging at off-peak (0.11/Kwh) Tesla reported a cost of 3CHF
That day the battery consumed 26kwh during the chariging session.... so 26kwh X 0.11 CHF = 2.86CHF
Tesla reports 3CHF which is more or less OK (rounded)... but Optiwatt for the same charging session is reporting 0.87CHF ! Big difference... not sure how they got that number... but seems definetly wrong.
Am i the only one noticing this strange and cheap costs reported by Optiwatt ? seems pretty obvious.

Optiwatt is not accurate at all when it comes to report charging cost... it is not a question of entering the right rate, but the way they make the whole calculation.
Since February 2022 the tesla app offers the possibility to track charging costs as well... and i could compare with what Optiwatt reports... an example :
- February 12 2022 (Optiwatt)
Charging at off-peak (0.11/Kwh) Optiwatt reported a cost of 0.87CHF
- February 12 2022 (Tesla APP)
Charging at off-peak (0.11/Kwh) Tesla reported a cost of 3CHF
That day the battery consumed 26kwh during the chariging session.... so 26kwh X 0.11 CHF = 2.86CHF
Tesla reports 3CHF which is more or less OK (rounded)... but Optiwatt for the same charging session is reporting 0.87CHF ! Big difference... not sure how they got that number... but seems definetly wrong.
Am i the only one noticing this strange and cheap costs reported by Optiwatt ? seems pretty obvious.
What is CHF?