Just want to share my experience using a SSD instead of a flash drive in the refreshed Tesla X. This brought the following benefits:
- Playback and "rewinding" of the recorded footage are now instant.
- Still testing this, but it seems the use of a SSD resolved the issue with disappearing drives when a flash drive was partitioned for using for Sentry and music at the same time. This is what I did:
- Bought SAMSUNG T7 Touch Portable SSD 500GB - Up to 1050MB/s - USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive, Black (MU-PC500K/WW).
- Executed in macOS Terminal: diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk4 MBR ExFAT TESLADRIVE 75% ExFAT MUSIC 25% (make sure <disk4> is actually your SDD).
- Created /TeslaCam/SavedClips on TESLADRIVE.
- Still testing this, but the false error message about having a small flash drive was gone.