Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Stalk to confirm you are paying attention while car is on Auto Pilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are doing it wrong if you think you need to "shake" the wheel. It just needs a slight bit of tension.
Just put one hand between 2-4 O'clock or 8-10 O'clock to keep it happy. Two hands in those positions often work too, but sometimes if it's perfectly balanced it might not sense it.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I actually tested this out thoroughly on a recent road trip. If I used the stalk 15 times in a row when the warning would pop up, it would dismiss the message. After that, the warning would pop up every three seconds until I put just a little tension on the steering wheel. This was on an autopilot 1 vehicle.

Brent

I actually tested this out thoroughly on a recent road trip. If I used the stalk 15 times in a row when the warning would pop up, it would dismiss the message. After that, the warning would pop up every three seconds until I put just a little tension on the steering wheel. This was on an autopilot 1 vehicle. Brent
AP stalk or turn signal stalk. How/direction is it being pushed? ie. if AP stalk do you go up 1 MPH and then down 1 MPH?