Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TeslaFi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow TeslaFi on Twitter or/and Facebook. He always posts updates. Tonight there was a server migration to allow more resources for the amount of growth the site has had in a short period of time.

Great tool but to me it's the benefits of the software vs. the constant communication to the car. I often leave my car at BWI airport and as such, the battery enters deep sleep so it drains very minimally. Tools that have API access to the car tend to ping for the latest information even when it is sitting. Granted, I'm sure they do a good job the minimize how often they ping the car but really anytime the car needs to wake up to provide this info is just not worth it to me. I get the same benefits from proper trip planning and the cars built in energy usage graphs to not want to risk any additional vampire drain.

Great tool but to me it's the benefits of the software vs. the constant communication to the car. I often leave my car at BWI airport and as such, the battery enters deep sleep so it drains very minimally. Tools that have API access to the car tend to ping for the latest information even when it is sitting. Granted, I'm sure they do a good job the minimize how often they ping the car but really anytime the car needs to wake up to provide this info is just not worth it to me. I get the same benefits from proper trip planning and the cars built in energy usage graphs to not want to risk any additional vampire drain.
TeslaFi has options to allow sleeping.

As an example, yesterday my car:
Charged 2.75 hours
Drove 0.75 hours
Idled 4.5 hours (losing 2.5 miles of range)
Slept 16 hours (losing no range)

i am trying to get to my account on teslafi, and I just get a blank screen... anyone know what's going on there?

There was apparently a misteak earlier this evening. It's working now (just checked a few seconds ago).

Those people using or interested in TeslaFi should probably monitor this thread:

TeslaFi.com

(That's were I found out about the problem earlier today.)

Bruce.