Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using the wife's Infiniti for today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually had a different problem that I'm not sure if I want on my Tesla or not: In our MBz if you open the driver door it automatically goes into park. When at the SJC SC on Wed, I backed up and hopped out forgetting that it doesn't go into Park automatically. Thank goodness for the bumper they installed between the SC and my car! I've only done that a couple of times so far, but each time we switch cars it's definitely a lesson in reprogramming those circuits in our brains.

I actually had a different problem that I'm not sure if I want on my Tesla or not: In our MBz if you open the driver door it automatically goes into park. When at the SJC SC on Wed, I backed up and hopped out forgetting that it doesn't go into Park automatically. Thank goodness for the bumper they installed between the SC and my car! I've only done that a couple of times so far, but each time we switch cars it's definitely a lesson in reprogramming those circuits in our brains.

Good to know. I always just assumed it would automatically go into park... then again I've been driving manual transmissions for the past 15+ years, so I'm used to the whole "it'll roll away if you don't pay attention" thing. Heh.

Also almost left the car running in the garage just now, lol. Damn push button cars.

Hm. I will investigate this today. Maybe that's what confused me. I never realized it went into Park upon opening the door.

Yeah, I'd go try it out right now myself... but, you know.
it is not when opening but when the seat sensor detects no-one in the seat - and I think it might be only under 5mph or so but I haven't tried to jump out of my car at speed :eek:

Tuck and roll!

It does shift into Park when I open the door whether I am in R or D. Must have been double Operator error. Maybe I opened the door to check how close I was (the spot I like at SJC is cloe to a wall on one side) and then kept reversing? Well, I will be sure to double check from now on.