Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I used TM-spy to record a bunch of 0-60 runs, is there a way to process the data? I want to extract battery voltage and current.

I have it set to sync to dropbox, and I only have files under the folder "Frames". One is called X_102_1704011429.txt, which I think has my data, but in raw packet format. Is there a way to turn that into CSV data with the parameters I'm interested in?

Is there another place where the data might be stored? I logged a lot of runs and I just ended up with two small files. I made a parser and it looks like one file just has a single run and the other has nothing. Does it stop logging after a certain time? It looks like it logged 7500 messages, or about 75 seconds and then stopped.

You may be experiencing UART speed limitations.
The offshore knockoffs could be having trouble shipping out the 500,000Baud data from the CAN3 bus through the UART bus running at 115,200Baud let alone 38,400Baud especially bad if the ELM is running with ATH1 and ATS1 bits turned on as these up the speed requirements.
The SCANTOOL BT and WiFi dongles are no longer recommended for Hybrid or EV uses on their website..... now they tell me after I bought one on their kickstarter program for use with PriiDash on my Prius Hybrid.

I currently use one of my own design with a STN1110 or STN1170 or STN2120 and a WROOM-02 WiFi module which performs well even into my dual boot teclast tablet when I boot it into Windows10 mode and run Priidash.

To cope with the new Model S75D that I am getting I am in the process of changing out the wifi only module to a Wroom-32 module which does wifi and bt le.

W.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I received my cable from Chris TX today. I am not having any luck getting TM-Spy for my Google Pixel 2 XL to work.

I did try an elm327_identifer app and it was able to communicate with my OBDLINK LX ok (picture attached). See PDF attached. I've also used this adapter on my 2 Chevrolet Volts successfully with this phone. This OBDII adapter was recommended by MyTeslaScan as a reliable and fast communicator.

I'm getting a "[BtS] read failed, socket might close or timeout, read ret: -1" error.

Any suggestions? I did not have any luck turning on the log and then seeing a log generated on my phone in the TM-Spy folders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-195050 (Large).png
    Screenshot_20180222-195050 (Large).png
    165.6 KB · Views: 100
  • ELM327_Identifier_log1.txt.pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20180222_194437.jpg
    IMG_20180222_194437.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 62
Our Model 3 has arrived! Does TM-Spy work with Model 3? If so, is there an install guide (what port to use, what adapter...)
First we need a special cable and a place to attach it.

Once that is available/determined I will update or create a new app depending on the level of differences between the CAN messages.

I have had my Model 3 for 4 weeks now so testing the new app will not be a problem for me as it was with the current app.