Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped using it, it seems like it provided nice information, but I was getting error messages on the IC when my adapter was plugged in and since removing it the errors have not recurred.

I doubt TM-Spy was the cause at it only reads data but I suppose my LE-Link was flaking out.

View attachment 323092 Hi, all, I noticed an anomaly in my battery temp monitor. When you look at temps per module, in my case, one of the modules has higher inlet temp and lower outlet temp, which doesn't make sense. Then I searched the Internet and found some of the screenshots show the similar pattern - one of the module has higher inlet.

What are your experiences?

I have the same thing on mine, in the same spot.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I stopped using it, it seems like it provided nice information, but I was getting error messages on the IC when my adapter was plugged in and since removing it the errors have not recurred.

I doubt TM-Spy was the cause at it only reads data but I suppose my LE-Link was flaking out.

Same here, also LE-Link.
Can use it for a short period but I need to disconnect right after reading else it will give errors on the screen.

I finally got tm-spy set up in my Model S 90D, and I'm confused by the values on the battery cells graph.

It says the pack is 75kwh with 51.8 remaining, but shouldn't a 90D have closer to 85.8 (or 81.8 kWh usable)?

Or is that the estimated max capacity of the pack with it's current degradation (it's got a little over 60k miles)

cells.png

Last edited:
I finally got tm-spy set up in my Model S 90D, and I'm confused by the values on the battery cells graph.

It says the pack is 75kwh with 51.8 remaining, but shouldn't a 90D have closer to 85.8 (or 81.8 kWh usable)?

Or is that the estimated max capacity of the pack with it's current degradation (it's got a little over 60k miles)

View attachment 424470
It's your pack has 75kWh max usable according to the BMU. At the current state of charger, your battery has 51.8kWh available.

• Informative
Reactions: liuping
It's your pack has 75kWh max usable according to the BMU. At the current state of charger, your battery has 51.8kWh available.
Thanks for the clarification.

Does that number change much?

75kW seems low to me. It would equate to about 240 miles at full charge ((75000-4000)/290).

I did a long road trip last weekend and 100% charge was saying 261 miles (Rated Range)

View attachment 424470
Is this an unmodified screenshot from TM-Spy? It looks like a replay of memory, as vin number is not correctly displayed at the top.
If you have an android device, you can use the app "Scan my Tesla".
Or TM-Spy on Android from Play Store. On Android, you can get beta software from the store as well.

Reactions: petersv