Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw some weird reading when plotting during my last supercharging session. Unfortunately I only ran it for a couple minutes and had to run before taking notes. I'll try it again to see if it works better. What seemed to be happening is intermittent errant values for the voltage and current that swamped out the actual numbers so all I saw is a flat line with some single pixel wide up (or down) lines. I didn't have time to debug. Anyone else seeing something like this? I usually only use tmspy while I am sitting bored at a supercharger or waiting for someone while sitting in the car alone. I use the previously recommended carista device

I have some questions about the data being displayed in the All variables category.

1. On the series/Parallel variable, im currently showing 100% which mode does that indicate it is in?
2. On the radiator bypass variable, it also appears to be in a state of either 0-100%. Would I be correct in assuming if the TMS is in serial and the and the radiator bypass is in 100% then the powertrain heat is warming the battery, and if it is in parallel and radiator bypass is in 0% then the powertrain is utilizing the radiator the battery is not.
3. I noticed that when charging the car using AC the powertrain inlet temp is higher than the batter, series/parallel is 100% and radiator bypass is 0% so I am assuming the battery is circulating coolant inside itself with the pumps but nowhere else, and the powertrain coolant is being cooled by the radiator due to the heat generated by the AC chargers.

Is there a current list of target temps the battery wants to achieve before the engaging passive cooling/heating and active cooling/heating? or is this something that is fluid, based on other conditions?
Is there a current list of component temp limits for the drive unit, dc-dc converter etc?

I'm trying to catch up with this thread. I'm a bit confused as to whether this app TM-SPY is available for iOS in the Apple Store or should I still request access to the app? I can't seem to find it in the store. Trying to diagnose my 2012 Tesla Model S P85 that threw the infamous BMS_u029. Thanks.