Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using TM-Spy to see Model S data.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be willing to try it on my 3 using the same setup I was able to get working on my S... anyone know where the port is?

I have made several adapter and I'm sure I can make one that works with the Model 3 provided we find the connector. I'm sure it's somewhere accessible from the front seats. That's where the service person would sit to test things and test drive and look at the connected laptop.

If anyone is near the Los Angeles area I'm willing to bring my setup and try. I'm now using both TM-Spy and ScanMyTesla which reads a lot more data.

Hi TMC members,

I am trying to get the log data of the battery temperatures.
I checked "Enable"and "Log Files" on the Settings.
Then,TM-spy required to access to Dropbox.
I tried to allow TM-spy to access to Dropbox by using administration account of Dropbox.
But the error message appeared.
I only need to get log files, not necessarily "Sync
Interval''
I can't find log files in the TM-spy folders.
Could you suggest any solutions?
Are there any ways to fix this?

So, just out of interest, this is how the inside of my OBD dongle looks like. The top cap pops off easily. Does your's look the same or is it different? Just curious if there are different innards for the same outside package and label...

View attachment 274367

The interior of mine is way different than yours!
20180120_191908.jpg
Bought it some 3 years ago from China (from Aliexpress, I think). Worked fine with other ICE cars, but doesn't work with TM-Spy.
Bought the new one from Amazon.co.uk

I had this setup for Model S but would like to setup for my Model X, too. Have a few questions...

1. Is it possible to store the TDC-OBD2-Bluetooth OBD2 adapter in the space under the cubby, where the TDC connecter is originally hidden? It looks very small.
2. Which Bluetooth OBD2 adapter is recommended? I was using ELM327 (blue transparent case, relatively small) and it worked fine.

I had this setup for Model S but would like to setup for my Model X, too. Have a few questions...

1. Is it possible to store the TDC-OBD2-Bluetooth OBD2 adapter in the space under the cubby, where the TDC connecter is originally hidden? It looks very small.
2. Which Bluetooth OBD2 adapter is recommended? I was using ELM327 (blue transparent case, relatively small) and it worked fine.

I believe you can store it under there. Without wiring a switch, the BT OBD adapter will draw power though.

Here is the one recommended by the TM Spy guy:

LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QJRYMFC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Reactions: hiroshiy

LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QJRYMFC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

This is a Blue Tooth Low Energy (BLE) unit, part of Blue Tooth 4.0, which not every device supports. It is recommended for the iOS version of TM-Spy, but may not work on Android devices that don't support BLE. Android devices can typically use regular paired BT devices...

I believe you can store it under there. Without wiring a switch, the BT OBD adapter will draw power though.

Thank you, @worldburger for the recommendation. Will try that one. I think I connected ELM327 with BLE on Android so that shouldn't be a problem.

Will order another cable from Chris TX.

Does anyone with a 100D know what the voltage is with a 100% charge?

All Tesla modules are 25V. The difference is how many sets of 6 batteries are in parallel (current capacity). The large battery cars all have 16 modules, so the voltage is 400V. At full charge it might be a little above that and it will probably be a little below through most of the discharge cycle. But the voltages at various states of charge should be the same for 90 and 100 KWh packs.

• Informative
Reactions: ReturnZero
Can someone tell me a source for a pre-2015 Model S OBD cable (specifically for 2013 MS)? The previous listings have all dried up due to parts unavailability. Lacking that, a pin out and diagram so I can make my own?

Regarding Model 3, I have one and there is no OBD port. Where it should be, there is a 5 pin connector, with unknown pin-out so far. If you look in the dashcam threads here, you will see photos and folks trying to get always-on power from it (also not successful so far).

Hello!
Tell me, is there a topic in which you can ask questions about data obtained with the TM-Spy program, or is it convenient to do here? I noticed that users do not actively share data about their cars and have few questions and answers about this. I would really like to chat about some of the data graphs received from my P85 +, if it's convenient to do this thread in the forum.
I live in Ukraine, we do not have Tesla's service centers and representative offices and we are forced to solve all the issues on repairing our cars in a different way.
Regards, Mikhail