Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UT Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - hope for SLC folks. I got my VIN this morning and scheduled a delivery for Aug 10. Car hasn't arrived in SLC yet so still a lot can go wrong.

Hoping everyone in this thread gets good news soon.
Quick question: Are you picking up at the SLC showroom or are they delivering to your house? They made it seem like home delivery wasn't an option when I ordered, but I've heard that contradicted.

Reactions: Andy2003
Quick question: Are you picking up at the SLC showroom or are they delivering to your house? They made it seem like home delivery wasn't an option when I ordered, but I've heard that contradicted.

I wasn’t able to schedule anything online but was given a number to call. The lady I talked to there said she had me down for home delivery. I told her I’m fine picking it up at the store since I live in SLC but she seemed to think home delivery was preferred. I believe she was corporate and not Utah based so maybe she was wrong though. I’ll let you know as the process progresses.

I wasn’t able to schedule anything online but was given a number to call. The lady I talked to there said she had me down for home delivery. I told her I’m fine picking it up at the store since I live in SLC but she seemed to think home delivery was preferred. I believe she was corporate and not Utah based so maybe she was wrong though. I’ll let you know as the process progresses.
Saying it again - I am so happy but incredibly jealous! Cant wait to see the pictures. Which SA did you work with @ the SLC showroom?

Hey all - hope for SLC folks. I got my VIN this morning and scheduled a delivery for Aug 10. Car hasn't arrived in SLC yet so still a lot can go wrong.

Hoping everyone in this thread gets good news soon.
Hey Congrats! It's good to see someone in this group getting their VIN. I'm exactly where @Andy2003 and @allegedskeptic are at, August 6th - August 25th. Hopefully we are all in the next major shipment but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Andy2003 and md99
Saying it again - I am so happy but incredibly jealous! Cant wait to see the pictures. Which SA did you work with @ the SLC showroom?
I ordered online but later got a text from someone named Rocio. We only had a couple texts back and forth since then. I messaged him a week ago and didn’t hear anything back. And then the person I talked to for setting up a delivery time wasn’t Utah based,I don’t think.

and thanks! I understand the jealousy. Hopefully we’ll all have our cars soon.

@md99 Just curious if you had uploaded your current insurance info prior to getting your VIN? I've been told by Tesla that it isn't necessary until you get your VIN but some others in Current Delivery Times beg to differ.

@allegedskeptic I did upload my current insurance. No idea if it played a role or not.

I also just switched from home delivery to pickup. I felt I had more control over the timing that way. I plan to pay for the car on site instead of before. And then I'm driving it right to Logicc based on the recommendation from @Park2670 for full front PPF, ceramic coating, and possibly have them darken out the badges.

I saw the recommendation to check out the Facebook group but I don't use Facebook....anyone have an electrician they recommend for adding a home charger? I'll probably need a decently long wire run. I'm currently planning on adding a Nema 14-50.

@md99 I have an electrician I use for everything else in my house. He does great work.

I contacted him last week, and he mentioned he was 3-4 weeks out for even a bid to come by to install the home charger.

Michael - 801-803-9130. Ill let you know how it goes if youre still looking when I get the work done.

Will be watching for other recommendations as well.

Reactions: md99
@md99 My dad was very happy with Justin from Power on Electric in Lehi. Number is 8013726969. He did a great job for a great rate. I’ll probably be using him as well for my Nema 14-50. Haven’t contacted him yet so I’m not sure about the wait. Regular plug will probably be sufficient for my needs on the meantime.

I was really hoping to see some more Utah VINs come through. Supposedly my car is being detailed today and ready for pickup tomorrow. If all that goes through then I plan on driving it straight to Logicc to get PPF frontal and ceramic coating applied. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Pickup location is the store on state street, not the service center. 🤞

Also, @EVer Hopeful University of Texas folks are welcome. Same goes for University of Tennessee or Tampa, or anyone in Universal Time.

I was really hoping to see some more Utah VINs come through. Supposedly my car is being detailed today and ready for pickup tomorrow. If all that goes through then I plan on driving it straight to Logicc to get PPF frontal and ceramic coating applied. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Pickup location is the store on state street, not the service center. 🤞

Also, @EVer Hopeful University of Texas folks are welcome. Same goes for University of Tennessee or Tampa, or anyone in Universal Time.
So excited for you! Make sure to take pictures!

Pickup went well! They do, in fact, deliver to Utah. At least white cars because that was basically all I saw. Although I have a friend who ordered a blue Y 7-seater a couple weeks after me and he got his VIN yesterday with pickup for Saturday, so hopefully good signs of more to come.

VIN and Scheduling
I first noticed the VIN when I did my morning EDD check. I had the Tesla Vision message then proceed with delivery. I also had an email from Tesla that night that I got around 3:00 AM. I believe I got a text around 8 AM that morning that gave me a link to schedule delivery. When I clicked it the page I landed on just said, "no available delivery times, please call this number." Or something like that. I called twice (needed to check something with my wife). The first lady wanted to schedule the delivery but the second lady said I should just wait until it let me do it through the online system since that would become available once the car was actually in SLC. I told her I'd like to schedule anyway. They could see that the car was set to be delivered Saturday, then it should be detailed Monday and ready for pickup Tuesday. I switched to pickup instead of delivery because I felt it would be easier to coordinate timing and payment that way. I ended up switching the timing of the pickup and added my wife to the registration prior to pickup so I didn't need to do it at the DMV.

Pickup - Inspection
We stopped at a bank and picked up a cashier's check. Casey at Tesla was great and showed us the car and told us to take our time. He unlocked it for us so we could take a look at the inside, too. Overall it looked great; we pointed out a few small things. He told us to make a service ticket and they'd fix them if they could.
  • Small alignment stuff. Pretty minor but the front passenger door and a spot on the roof weren't quite flush.
  • Rear view mirror. There was what looked like some glue residue or something on the rear view mirror that wouldn't come off. Casey wasn't surprised and said they sometimes replace the mirror because of that.
  • Smudges. Above the passenger seat on the ceiling there were some fingerprints. The detailer came out and got rid of 90% of it. The third row was a bit dirty so they came out and cleaned that, too. Seats looked great after.
After paying for the car I submitted a service ticket and scheduled Monday at 12-5pm for them to come address them.

Paying
After inspecting it we went inside to finalize payment. That went smoothly and then we were immediately able to see the car in the Tesla app. Based on what we had read on the website we thought we needed to have the car insured before we could drive off with it. Tesla told us that's not the case and they needed to change those instructions online. Apparently Utah doesn't require it at point-of-sale. State Farm also said we had a 10 day grace period. I then drove off and took it directly to the shop for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I should have it back Friday.

That was a lot of info. It was a smooth experience. Hope everyone has their car soon!

...almost forgot the pics
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Pickup went well! They do, in fact, deliver to Utah. At least white cars because that was basically all I saw. Although I have a friend who ordered a blue Y 7-seater a couple weeks after me and he got his VIN yesterday with pickup for Saturday, so hopefully good signs of more to come.

VIN and Scheduling
I first noticed the VIN when I did my morning EDD check. I had the Tesla Vision message then proceed with delivery. I also had an email from Tesla that night that I got around 3:00 AM. I believe I got a text around 8 AM that morning that gave me a link to schedule delivery. When I clicked it the page I landed on just said, "no available delivery times, please call this number." Or something like that. I called twice (needed to check something with my wife). The first lady wanted to schedule the delivery but the second lady said I should just wait until it let me do it through the online system since that would become available once the car was actually in SLC. I told her I'd like to schedule anyway. They could see that the car was set to be delivered Saturday, then it should be detailed Monday and ready for pickup Tuesday. I switched to pickup instead of delivery because I felt it would be easier to coordinate timing and payment that way. I ended up switching the timing of the pickup and added my wife to the registration prior to pickup so I didn't need to do it at the DMV.

Pickup - Inspection
We stopped at a bank and picked up a cashier's check. Casey at Tesla was great and showed us the car and told us to take our time. He unlocked it for us so we could take a look at the inside, too. Overall it looked great; we pointed out a few small things. He told us to make a service ticket and they'd fix them if they could.
  • Small alignment stuff. Pretty minor but the front passenger door and a spot on the roof weren't quite flush.
  • Rear view mirror. There was what looked like some glue residue or something on the rear view mirror that wouldn't come off. Casey wasn't surprised and said they sometimes replace the mirror because of that.
  • Smudges. Above the passenger seat on the ceiling there were some fingerprints. The detailer came out and got rid of 90% of it. The third row was a bit dirty so they came out and cleaned that, too. Seats looked great after.
After paying for the car I submitted a service ticket and scheduled Monday at 12-5pm for them to come address them.

Paying
After inspecting it we went inside to finalize payment. That went smoothly and then we were immediately able to see the car in the Tesla app. Based on what we had read on the website we thought we needed to have the car insured before we could drive off with it. Tesla told us that's not the case and they needed to change those instructions online. Apparently Utah doesn't require it at point-of-sale. State Farm also said we had a 10 day grace period. I then drove off and took it directly to the shop for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I should have it back Friday.

That was a lot of info. It was a smooth experience. Hope everyone has their car soon!

...almost forgot the picsView attachment 695091
View attachment 695092
It looks amazing! So happy for you! Thanks for all the info. Really hoping for a VIN this week but I’m kind of ruling it out though since it seems they regularly get cars in on Saturday and I did not receive a VIN like your friend did. Might have to hope for next week instead.

VIN and Scheduling

Pickup - Inspection

Paying

...almost forgot the picsView attachment 695091
View attachment 695092
Amazing summary - thank you for taking the time to write it all. The car looks gorgeous. Congrats!