Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh! Forgot the flagpole! That is a SERIOUSLY BIG flagpole. It is my hope that it gets an appropriatly grande American flag[/QUOTE]

I was by there today. BIG ol' flag waving in the wind. Looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Very frustrating situation. The folks there are very friendly and really WANT to help but are hamstrung by what our screwy legislature (at the behest of some car dealerships) is doing. They were happy to answer what questions they could but if those questions started to stray into the realm of "purchase" all they could do was say to call the out of state rep and refer me to the Tesla website. Augh! They are not even allowed to talk about stuff like delivery times. And this in a state that supposedly prides itself on free enterprise and buying locally. So here I am wanting to spend some serious coin in my local community but am being forced to sent it to California (no offense to any Californians on the list :) )

Today is my first time on this forum so I don't know if links to Facebook will work but here's a link to what I've been putting on my FB page about my Tesla tribulations:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206149110832576&set=a.2462820895704.144195.1407672426&type=1&theater

BTW, I am all set to place the order but considering how much this is going to cost I'd at least like to get a ride in a Model S before buying (there were three on the lot today but I could not be allowed to ever sit in them). Any Tooele or SLC locals here that would like to give me a ride? I'll trade you fro a plane ride.

BTW, I am all set to place the order but considering how much this is going to cost I'd at least like to get a ride in a Model S before buying (there were three on the lot today but I could not be allowed to ever sit in them). Any Tooele or SLC locals here that would like to give me a ride? I'll trade you fro a plane ride.

I'm always happy to take people for a spin. I work in West Valley. If you want to PM me your contact info we can work something out.

I was by there today. BIG ol' flag waving in the wind. Looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Very frustrating situation. The folks there are very friendly and really WANT to help but are hamstrung by what our screwy legislature (at the behest of some car dealerships) is doing. They were happy to answer what questions they could but if those questions started to stray into the realm of "purchase" all they could do was say to call the out of state rep and refer me to the Tesla website. Augh! They are not even allowed to talk about stuff like delivery times. And this in a state that supposedly prides itself on free enterprise and buying locally. So here I am wanting to spend some serious coin in my local community but am being forced to sent it to California (no offense to any Californians on the list :) )

Today is my first time on this forum so I don't know if links to Facebook will work but here's a link to what I've been putting on my FB page about my Tesla tribulations:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...462820895704.144195.1407672426&type=1&theater

a big hearty welcome to you Patrick W. I drove by today and yes indeed, there is a huge Stars & Stripes waving from that very tall pole! The car stealership situation is little different here for Tesla than it has been so far in many other places (bad). Don't worry though, with the slightest effort, you'll get your Model S delivered in no time. You'll have your Tesla before I get mine, so maybe I'll be asking you for a ride !! What I have learned from recent experience at the state Capitol & from those that work there is that you don't start working on a bill that Thursday during the legislative session, you start in April. Car dealers will be welcomed into the 21st century one way or another (they're not going to like it much) and we can help. Or we can sue ?! Business Lawyers ? . . . Anyone ?

Thanks for the Welcome Mike. It's nice to be here. Though it will be nicer to be here when my spiffy new MS is sitting in my garage (I just place the order about 8 hours ago). I do feel bad for my pickup though as she's going to have to move out of the garage to make room for the newcomer. Over half a million km on her and her 20th birthday is this coming Sunday. So I'm having a custom fit all-weather cover made for the short term and once my budget recovers from the MS I think a carport is in her future. Clear skies!

My brother sent me a couple of pictures this morning. Has this opened as strictly a supercharging and service center?

IMG_20150401_073458_071.jpg

IMG_20150401_073550_143.jpg

KSL article about the dealership/service center
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=34142788

Interesting--that's actually from Associated Press (AP). They mention some of the lawmakers being concerned with the bill being tailor-made to Tesla, which I agree somewhat, if it's worded as some kind of exception. But I think it would be really straightforward to propose it as it is in several other states. It says that any manufacturers who have granted franchise agreements to 3rd party independent dealerships are not allowed to also have their own company-owned dealerships. That preserves the status quo that the dealerships are worried about, fearing that their manufacturers could undercut and compete with them on their own brands and models. But then Tesla or any other car manufacturers can have their own stores if they don't already have dealership agreements and don't want to use them.

In the supercharger thread for this location i posted a link to an update/statement from Tesla about the situation. They are hoping to get the law changed, but it's going to take time and work. For the moment it is only a service location and supercharger, the building itself is not "open" to the public. There currently is no staff to speak of, and only a few loaner cars on hand for people getting pre-scheduled service. The place is really a shell. It's partially setup inside, but with no clear path to opening, they have halted all real work there. As mentioned it is being used as a service center, but since that stuff is few and far between (only a little over 300 Tesla's in Utah) there isn't much need for the location. Lets hope there is some progress on the laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Also should add they updated the pricing in the design center tonight to reflect that Utah has a $1,500 tax credit for buying a EV. Previously was listed incorrectly at $605.

I had my first service done by the Utah Service Center on 2015-04-15. They preemptively called me to say logs showed a bad relay in one of the chargers and wanted to replace it. While the car in for service, I also asked them to take a look at the little triangle windows which were leaking and at the A/C which rattled loudly when under load.

I have to say, I'm very very impressed with their service, they had my car for about 5 hours and took care of everything I asked them to look at.