Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The updated supercharger map makes it clear that it will be Blanding and Moab.

Based on the updated supercharger map it looks like they are now planning on Beaver for a supercharger as well. I'm happy with that, I'd been stopping at the Beaver KOA to charge on my trips to/from St George. That makes Salinas more likely than Cove Fort.

I hope they open Moab/Blanding at the same time. I can make it to Moab on a single charge, but not Blanding. I won't be able to easily make the ribbon cutting at Blanding if Moab isn't open.

Last edited:
Blanding, UT is under construction. Supercharger is currently being installed near the Visitor Center.

This was approved on September 11, 2013. At that time, construction was scheduled to be completed by End of October:

Public Notice Website

D. Tesla Motors Parking Locations – Mayor Turk
Mayor Turk, Terry Ekker and Jeff Black met with the Tesla personnel to discuss their request. They are seeking permission to put a Tesla supercharger station at the Visitor Center. Individuals who purchase a Tesla can refuel/recharge for free for a lifetime at a Tesla charging station. There would be no cost to the City. Tesla will be billed for the electricity used to charge the vehicles. Councilmember Taylor asked what happens if another vendor approaches the City with the same request. Mr. Redd responded that there is no contract or clause that would inhibit that from occurring. Tesla would like to have their charging station installed by the end of October. Council gave advise and consent to allow Tesla to move forward with their charging station at the Visitor Center.

Haven't kept up with the forum for several days... and the world changes...
Very excited to see Green River, AND Moab, AND Blanding, AND Beaver!
This is just awesome! It will make getting around the southern half of the state very, very nice!

Total of 8 inside Utah borders now w the slider on 2014! (On the ever-changing TM website map) Tremonton, (or maybe Brigham City) Beaver AND Cove Fort, Blanding AND Moab AND Green River AND (in CO) Grand Junction. Emphasizing "and" because those are relatively close to each other which will allow for extra "side trip" freedom in very remote places (that I love!).
West on I-80, however, has for now lost it's do-ability. Map reverted to a previous plan across NV that's too sparse. Of course, we don't charge our cars from red dots on a website :wink:. I'm pretty sure Tesla knows that too! I'm ready to continue being pleasantly surprised. After I-80 build out, how about Hwy 50 !!