Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the other hand, if I squint hard as I look at the 2014 map on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page, and I consider what would make the most sense, here is another possibility:

1. St. George, UT - 123 miles from Las Vegas, NV
  2. Beaver, UT - 104 miles from St. George
  3. Richfield, UT - 63 miles from Beaver
  4. Green River, UT - 123 miles from Richfield
  5. Grand Junction, CO - 102 miles from Green River

View attachment 43195

I agree that Beaver to Richfield is a little close on the I-15 to I-70 route, but if you look at something like this for the continuing north on I-15 route, then Beaver makes a lot of sense. This spacing is very nice for easy traveling! :cool:

1. St. George, UT - 123 miles from Las Vegas, NV
  2. Beaver, UT - 104 miles from St. George
  3. Nephi, UT, 115 miles from Beaver
  4. Odgen, UT - 120 miles from Nephi

"Coming soon" on the TM map has changed (again). There's an added one, looks like Nephi ! Certainly no farther south than Scipio. Both are good connectors to Hwy 89 while being right on I-15.
Makes for an eventual total of 9 in Utah (was 8). So do we now think that one on the west end of I-70 is Richfield instead of Salina ? Salina would be better, that much closer to the San Rafael Swell & getting over to Green River. Anyway, getting around & across Utah will be eezzee breezy.
Still need to add at least one more SC going west on I-80 thru Nevada tho. Too sparse for comfort, I believe. I wrote to our beloved Tesla Super Charger Team about it. Go go Tesla !!!

"Coming soon" on the TM map has changed (again). There's an added one, looks like Nephi ! Certainly no farther south than Scipio. Both are good connectors to Hwy 89 while being right on I-15.
Makes for an eventual total of 9 in Utah (was 8). So do we now think that one on the west end of I-70 is Richfield instead of Salina ? Salina would be better, that much closer to the San Rafael Swell & getting over to Green River. Anyway, getting around & across Utah will be eezzee breezy.
Still need to add at least one more SC going west on I-80 thru Nevada tho. Too sparse for comfort, I believe. I wrote to our beloved Tesla Super Charger Team about it. Go go Tesla !!!

Taking the red dots at face value, the latitude of the Richfield/Salina dot lines up with the bottom of the southward dip in I-70 between Salina and Green River, so that would put the supercharger in Richfield for what it's worth. I agree that Salina makes more sense to split the 162 mile stretch from Green River to Nephi.

ICEing has been a problem at Moab because of the limited parking at the motel where it is located:

supercharging-blocked-at-moab1809cropsf-11-13-16-jpg.225383

^ November 2016

However, the Tesla spaces have now been repainted and I would expect reduced ICEing issues:

moab-supercharger-station1903sf-4-30-17-jpg.225385

Any status update(s) on the Blanding Supercharger? I'm heading through to Monticello in mid-September for a week and this looks to be one of the superchargers I'll be hitting while we bounce around (Model Y long range). I know Moab is up and running well from a couple months ago while there. Thanks!

Any status update(s) on the Blanding Supercharger? I'm heading through to Monticello in mid-September for a week and this looks to be one of the superchargers I'll be hitting while we bounce around (Model Y long range). I know Moab is up and running well from a couple months ago while there. Thanks!
The most recent Plugshare report was on August 25th and the Blanding Supercharger Station seemed to be working fine. The post did note that the restrooms were closed due to Covid.

Reactions: Matsayz
Thanks, I totally forgot to check Plugshare...
We should get in the habit of posting charging experiences on Plugshare, although when one visits hundreds of Supercharger Stations, as I have, it would get old. However, when a station has been reported to have issues, Gallup NM for example, posting of Supercharging experiences on Plugshare is very helpful. It also may help those who don't know about individual Supercharger threads on TMC, which I presume is the majority of Tesla owners. (If you drive an electric car and you don't know about Plugshare, well, you probably ought to stay close to home!)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Matsayz and PLUS EV