Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been meaning to ask also.... Saw a murdered out matte black X in Heber yesterday. Didn't catch if it had Utah plates, but it for certain was matted black paint. It looked to have exactly the same paint that the matte black model 3 alpha has.
Someone from Utah?

I've been meaning to ask also.... Saw a murdered out matte black X in Heber yesterday. Didn't catch if it had Utah plates, but it for certain was matted black paint. It looked to have exactly the same paint that the matte black model 3 alpha has.
Someone from Utah?
I see that one around 6200 S. and I-15 from time to time. It's been around for at least a year. I don't know who owns it.

I had a similar question. I started with the local DMV office and they passed me on to the main office. They provided a link to Utah DMV registration statistics (USTC - Economics & Statistics).

Lots of info there on all vehicles registered in Utah (425 Teslas as of the end of Q2 with the first in June 2009) but I could not find a breakdown of brands by county.

Perhaps someone else will have better luck finding a breakdown by county.

Hello all. I've had my S90D since July, and still in that puppy dog love phase. I would love to meet up with other owners, for coffee, drive, and Tesla conversation. Any local events planned? I'd be happy to help organize, and I live in Salt Lake City (this kinda sounds like a personals add. . .) Hope to meet a few of you in person sometime soon!

Welcome! We don't seem to be a very active group. There are usually a fair number at the tesla socials; and there is one coming up. I would attend a meet-up if it worked out; but I'm unmotivated to plan it! ;)

Hello all. I've had my S90D since July, and still in that puppy dog love phase. I would love to meet up with other owners, for coffee, drive, and Tesla conversation. Any local events planned? I'd be happy to help organize, and I live in Salt Lake City (this kinda sounds like a personals add. . .) Hope to meet a few of you in person sometime soon!

There is this coming up on the 22nd:

Tesla Saturday Social at Tesla Salt Lake City

There has been talk from time to time of Tesla get togethers not affiliated with the store but they've always been too early in the day for me to attend (I'm on a nocturnal schedule).

Hey, so earlier this summer I reached out to a bunch of ski resorts in Utah about the destination charging program. The only one that got back to me was Powder Mountain. They said they were looking into it.
Fast forward to present time, I just helped a local business up here in Park City get destination chargers installed at two locations (Silver Mountain Sports Club & Spa). While helping them, I asked the destination charging people the status of the PowMow chargers. They said they are waiting to hear back from PowMow with the electrical bid. I initially reached out to PowMow in June, so perhaps some friendly emails from owners would help nudge them to get them installed?
PowMow is juuuuuust barely far enough that in winter I'd probably take another car up there to snowboard without Destination chargers at the mountain.
Email contacts:
Generic: [email protected]
Mark Schroetel [email protected]
JP Goulet [email protected]

Deer Valley and Solitude were also very interested in the program, but after talking with the marketing department decided it would be in conflict with their deal with Cadillac, "The official vehicle of Solitude and Deer Valley", so they had to decline.

Side note, the Silver Mountain Sports Club destination chargers in Park City should be installed around the beginning of December. We have been
approved, and are waiting on the hardware from Tesla as well as going through the permitting process with the city. There will be 3 chargers at each location. At each location the three will be daisy-chained, sharing a single 208v 100amp circuit. I was trying for 3 dedicated 100 amp chargers but the owner was hesitant so I took what I could get.

Rocky Mountain Power wants to add demand charges your bill if you have solar power.

They'd also pay a monthly "demand charge." To calculate this charge, Rocky Mountain Power would look at a household's electrical use for an entire month, find the hour in which power use peaked, and then multiply the kilowatts of power used during that single hour by $9.02.

So now if you have a Tesla with a 10kWh charger, you get to pay 90 dollars per month in demand charges. How do guys feel about that ?

Rocky Mountain Power could charge solar households more through new rate calculation proposal