Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I took delivery of my car yesterday and the car is incredible! I still can’t find one thing wrong with it.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can anyone point me in a good direction for tinting and ppf in the Park City or Salt Lake City area? Any recommendations or link are appreciated.

Thanks!
Expensive, but Luxe is the best in my experience. If you are trying to be thrifty there are other options out there though.

• Informative
Reactions: tony b
Second Luxe. Also have used Envision for my other cars.
Luxe quoted me $8,800 for a full car wrap. Granted that's their top of the line version where they wrap every possible edge, but still it's kind of pricey.

Was chatting with the guy who owns Eco-Tint down in Vegas. It's far away but he's the closest installer that will do Photosync tint. His prices down there were much more reasonable. $4,400 for a full body wrap and also a few hundred cheaper for tinting. (Plus the legendary photosync tint all Tesla owners seem to rave about.) Problem is he's in Vegas. Kind of looking for an excuse to go down there for a few days to get all the work done. I could get the car fully wrapped, fully tinted for a couple grand less then the cost of having Luxe do it up here. Then again, while his work is of course fully warrantied and all that, I would have to go to Vegas to get any additional touchup work done in the future...

• Informative
Hey everyone!

I took delivery of my car yesterday and the car is incredible! I still can’t find one thing wrong with it.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but can anyone point me in a good direction for tinting and ppf in the Park City or Salt Lake City area? Any recommendations or link are appreciated.

Thanks!
Justin Castillo at Justin's Tint

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

This is where I go. They do tint, ppf and ceramic. John who runs their shop has a model 3 and a model S. So they are very familiar with working on Teslas.

The Original Clearbra®, The Ultimate Vehicle Protection. We use a Custom, Proprietary covering for your Car, Boat , Truck to avoid Rocks, Sand and Weather Damage.

Reactions: Stirfelt and tony b
Luxe is hosting a Food Bank food drive on November 17th for electric vehicle owners. I posted in the local Utah Tesla Clubs on TMC, Facebook, and Model3 Owners Club. If you haven't seen the invite, let me know and I can send it over. Would love to have a huge turnout of EVs.

Reactions: Abstrakt1 and Fiver
SLC Tesla Store From Above

From yesterday (6 November 2018), look at all those cars waiting for their owners to claim them.

t2.JPGt3.JPG

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone has been enjoying their new cars as much as I have. Question, what is needed in order to get the Utah state rebate? And also what is needed for the federal tax rebate?

Thanks everyone,

Tony B
Our fine state cancelled those rebates years ago, But if you find one let me know:). I have not filed for a federal rebate yet, my first Tesla was used. I will know in a couple months.

Know what? There's no rebate for used, either federal or Utah.
They were replying to a question about what was needed to apply for the federal tax credit. If you look at their signature, you'll see that in addition to a (apparently used) 2013 MS, they also have a Model 3 (presumably purchased new). So, when they file their federal taxes "in a couple months", they'll now be qualifing for the credit. And therefore be working through what is needed to apply for it. Whereas when they bought the MS used, they didn't qualify and therefore didn't.

Reactions: KJD
I saw someone had asked about PPF referrals in PC and SLC. I have NO doubt Luxe does an amazing job but I'd like to say Simply Cool in South Salt Lake is amazing especially for the price! They are mainly a tint shop but one of the owners Ty has been doing automotive work for over 20 years. He has tinted 3 cars for us as well as did the entire front end, mirrors, rocker panels, and behind the real wheels of my Model 3 P+ for about half what Luxe was asking and it looks great. He is also doing a chrome delete and my dashboard for about half. He does great great work! If ever interested in a quote call Simply Cool at 801-901-0255 and ask for Ty. For the record I have NOTHING to do with the m other than being a customer. I just wanted to give everyone another great option. I have NO idea if he does full NON PPF clear wraps. I'll cross that bridge in a few years when I get tired of the blue :)

Thanks!
Damien

P1088524.JPG
P1088529.JPG

P1088613.JPG

P1088542.JPG

SLC-Tooele Area Tesla Drivers

I'm really liking V9. It's eveing auto-piloting in areas I'm guessing it shouldn't. :)

I have found one weird feature/bug and wonder if anyone else has seen it.

On I-80 either east or west bound near the Saltair exit.
Driving in the right lane with autopilot and Navigate on Autopilot engaged.
No vehicles anywhere near me.
Day or night.

As I approach the Saltair exit the car asks me to confirm a lane change into the left lane (see attached image) for no apparent reason.

If I ignore that the car continues in the right lane.

But if I accept the lane change the car signals, waits the usual three flashes of the turn signal and then moves smoothly into the left lane.

And stays there...

On a few occasions I've let the car stay in the left lane for over a kilometer just waiting to see if it would eventually move back into the right lane. But it never does and I get nervous driving in the left lane so use the turn signal stalk to ask the car to move back to the right and it does.

Has anyone else experienced this?

IMG_6226.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver