Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this has been dead for a while but I have some questions for anyone in the SLC area. I'm getting a M3 soon. Wondering what tyres come on the model 3 performance? I want to order a second set for Winter unless they come stock with some but I'm guessing all seasons are stock? Also looking to get PPF and tint. I did read previous posts but they are kind of old now. Luxe quoted me $8800 for xpel stealth and ceramic tint, there is not a chance I will be paying that. Clear bra offered suntek ( they don't carry xpel) stealth ppf, tint and ceramic coating for $6500 but when I was about to hang up they told me if I did it all they maybe could do a 15% to 20% off. Any words of advice for me?

I don't have a 3 so can't help there. But if you have not done so already you might want to head over to the Tesla Owners Utah page. Lots of Utah 3 owners there. Tesla Owners Utah

Saw this yesterday. I thought it was clever...
632974120.png

Any Utah S/X owners with AP 2.5 and FSD get the HW3 retrofit done in SLC, or had ranger service perform the upgrade? I'm debating making an appt to get mine finally installed but didn't know if others had successfully had it done there yet. I ask specifically about S/X as it's apparently a different install process compared to Model 3.

/edit. I have MCU2 already.

A friend is ordering a Model 3, and started looking for installation of 240v outlet .. any recommendations please? also ball park figure on the NEMA plug install in the Draper area .. thank you!

Hop on the Utah Tesla's facebook group. They've got a bunch of people that they've used. I have a guy that did mine and was excellent, but he's in Utah County.

For those of you in the St. George area, I have used and can highly recommend Blake Electric. They are an old, St. George original business that I've used and recommended since 1996. My wife and I used to own a bagel bakery here in St. George (Red Rock Bagels for those of you old enough to remember... 1996-1998), and we used Blake Electric for all of our electrical needs both on the bagel bakery and here at home. You just can't get better than the boys at Blake. They tick all the boxes: fast, courteous, and above all, quality work.

They had a 100 amp circuit up and running in my garage in just a few hours. The guy even installed the Tesla Wall Connector at no charge (I was going to do that part myself).

Reactions: CO_MY and KJD
A few delivery trucks must have come in recently to SLC, as I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 brand new Plaid S's driving around Park City this afternoon. White, Blue, and Black. They were each rocking those new Arachnids, no plates (paper temp tags) and no chrome in sight.

All around Main St, all in under 45 minutes. They are noticeably wider then the old S.

And today I saw another new one parked and charging at City Park in PC. I walked around it but felt kind of kooky and didn't want to be 'that' guy. Did snap two pics tho. Also looks like the center screen is flush with the dash, I thought it was supposed to be able to tilt a little side to side?

IMG_9793.jpeg

IMG_9792.jpeg

Reactions: Phlier
Hi guys, I have a proposal, in case any of you is interested.

I'm testing a dummy CCS1 adapter, in collaboration with a manufacturer. Dummy means your Tesla needs to talk CCS in order to work. I've tested it in my car (Model S refresh 2016 with the CCS european kit installed) with mixed success, but it would be interesting to see if it works in other models.

So far we are looking for MS/MX manufactured after 02.2020. If someone owns a car like that close to Salt Lake City area and would like to try CCS in an Electrify America or a Chargepoint station, please contact me.

Reactions: Fiver
And today I saw another new one parked and charging at City Park in PC. I walked around it but felt kind of kooky and didn't want to be 'that' guy. Did snap two pics tho. Also looks like the center screen is flush with the dash, I thought it was supposed to be able to tilt a little side to side?
@Fiver I recently purchased a Plaid and am more than happy to enable 'that guy' behavior :D. I live on the basin out East, but love to drive and hardly need a reason to drive to the SLC area.

Reactions: KJD