Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was the point I was trying to (poorly) make. I have seen cracked windshields by nearly invisible rock chips. Run a ball point pen down the crack and you can find the impact point.

Had to do this often when I worked for a car dealership.

Reactions: Fiver
I've had it happen twice with my 2018 Model S. First time there was a visible chip on the windshield but the crack did not go through said chip. 2nd time there was no visible chip. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th windshield with this car. Definitely one of the more annoying "maintenance" issues with these cars as for some reason they seem more prone to glass issues. I've also had to have the roof glass replaced although in that case it was just some big rock falling out of a gravel truck in Arkansas that got me.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash
Gas would be cheaper and charging EVs more expensive if this bill passes

Opponents said the new 12.5% tax on electricity from charging stations would create a third layer of taxation for electric-vehicle owners in the state. As it is, EV owners pay sales and franchise taxes if they use charging stations that have a fee. Schultz said the new tax would be about $3 per full vehicle charge.

The EV registration fee is currently $120, climbing to $180 by 2026 and $240 in 2032.

• Informative
Reactions: BagheeraNY
I am fortunate enough to have home charging, so I’m not always begging for local DC charging. I want it on the road trip routes.

So Kanab, Hanksville and down the I15 stretch are my votes.

Plus more in Montana.

Reactions: KJD
OK as of this morning April 6, lots of people have voted. When filtered to show only North America we have

#8 ranking - Park City with -528 votes
12 - Bryce Canyon 477
46 - Kanab - 282
47 - Fillmore - 282
68 - Provo - 230
91 - Logan - 200
115 - Vernal - 178

Interesting that Kanab and Fillmore are tied at 282 votes each. I would much rather have Fillmore as that gives me another option to skip Nephi (a horrible location that is being expanded )

Also Interesting that there is a permit for a Provo location already. The Provo location at the Sleep INN is only 8 stalls, so I am sure it will be overloaded as soon as it's completed.
Supercharger - Provo, UT

Reactions: Park2670
I'd like to see a Supercharger Station in Vernal to open up US 40 and make visiting Dinosaur National Monument easy. Vernal to Price Supercharger Station, 112 miles; Vernal to Craig, CO Supercharger Station, 120 miles.

Besides making visits to Capitol Reef National Park easy, Hanksville would open up the scenic UT-95 route to/from Blanding Supercharger Station, 126 miles. It is one of the least developed, most remote, stretches of highway in the Four Corners area. Goes right by Natural Bridges National Monument (now in the middle of Bears Ears NM). Worth a visit if you are ever over that way:

Owachomo Bridge Natural Bridges NM1742sf 9-15-16 - Copy.jpg
^ Owanchomo Bridge, Natural Bridges NM

Sipapu Bridge NBNM1081sf 5-27-14.jpg
^ Sipapu Bridge, Natural Bridges NM

Gopher snake at NBNM Visitors Center1084ed 5-27-14.jpg
^ Gopher snake climbing the wall of the Visitors Center at Natural Bridges NM. It eventually made it to its goal: the roof.

Last edited:
Ran defrost before getting in my car yesterday with the outside temperature at 30 F. Hopped in and ran the wipers to clear the inch of powdery snow. Instant spiderweb explosion on the outer glass layer. Anyone have this happen before? On their Tesla or any other car? I didn’t even know that was possible.
Just to circle back on this topic we all were chatting about last year.... I finally got my X windshield replaced. I had Tesla do it since the car was in for some other stuff (12v battery died...again!). The total for just the windshield portion was $2,121.48 all in. Thankfully insurance covered 90% of that.

3 1/2 weeks later and I already have another crack crawling up the windshield from some pretty obvious impact damage just above the driver side windshield wiper. 🤬 I have no idea when that happened but super frustrating. Worse as this time the crack is basically in my line of sight whereas the last time it wasn't.

Side note, my car had been pretty creaky since I picked it up in late 18' and when the windshield was replaced last month I swear most of the creaks disappeared.

I’ve lost two tires to potholes on 200 S in Salt Lake in the last month, one 19” winter on a slipstream and one 21” summer on an arachnid. Luckily the rims survived. I’ll be driving with one of each on the right side for a few days as a sign of my appreciation for the road crews.

I’ve lost two tires to potholes on 200 S in Salt Lake in the last month, one 19” winter on a slipstream and one 21” summer on an arachnid. Luckily the rims survived. I’ll be driving with one of each on the right side for a few days as a sign of my appreciation for the road crews.
It is really sad how bad the streets are in SLC. For some reason street repair seems to be a low priority.

Might not do any good, but I would write a letter to the good mayor and copy all the city council members and tell them what happened to your car.

Oh no. I just drove from Vegas to St George on my way to camping at Zion tomorrow. I planned on charging at the campsite but forgot my charging cable! I don't suppose anyone around the Zion area had a cable I could borrow this weekend????