Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utica to Ottawa next week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I am taking a trip next week around Thanksgiving from Utica to Ottawa.

The route I will be taking according to a Better Routeplanner is 81 > 401 > 416.

I see that the only charger I will encounter on the trip is the Watertown, NY one but thats on the US side. How is the charging infrastructure in Ottawa, and should I get myself a Chademo adapter?

Also is there a better route I can take?

I will be driving up from MD to Utica for Thanksgiving, then driving on from there.

Thanks!
ILLY

Hey Guys,

I am taking a trip next week around Thanksgiving from Utica to Ottawa.

The route I will be taking according to a Better Routeplanner is 81 > 401 > 416.

I see that the only charger I will encounter on the trip is the Watertown, NY one but thats on the US side. How is the charging infrastructure in Ottawa, and should I get myself a Chademo adapter?

Also is there a better route I can take?

I will be driving up from MD to Utica for Thanksgiving, then driving on from there.

Thanks!
ILLY

Good evening Azhagan, I am not sure at which point you will be coming across the border; but you may be able to visit Cornwall Supercharger or visit the Kingston, Ontario Supercharger.

In Ottawa, there are some really good chargers - destination ones. Depending on where you are going to stay, I would recommend The Brookstreet Hotel. They have 2 destination chargers on 80amps. + two J1772 chargers. Located in Kanata, just west of Downtown Ottawa - 15-20 minute drive to Parliament buildings from Brookstreet. Great rates and luxurious accommodations.

• Informative
Reactions: BagheeraNY
Worst-case you can come by our office and charge @ 70A. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance.

Oh that's awesome. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Good evening Azhagan, I am not sure at which point you will be coming across the border; but you may be able to visit Cornwall Supercharger or visit the Kingston, Ontario Supercharger.

In Ottawa, there are some really good chargers - destination ones. Depending on where you are going to stay, I would recommend The Brookstreet Hotel. They have 2 destination chargers on 80amps. + two J1772 chargers. Located in Kanata, just west of Downtown Ottawa - 15-20 minute drive to Parliament buildings from Brookstreet. Great rates and luxurious accommodations.

Great advice. I am coming up through the Thousand Islands Bridge so I think Kingston will be out of the way, so I am going to have to rely on destination chargers in Ottawa.

I am really excited for the trip.