Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utility Connection Charge, Net Metering SECO Solar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone else here is in Florida with SECO as their provider. They are listed as a non profit and part of a group (forget the acronym) that buys power collectively I believe from Seminole.

When it comes to net metering they offer 7c per kw purchased at their wholesale rate. They state they charge between 11c and 12c per kWh sold back. Actual cost on my bill seems closer to 18c per kw when you include the total cost to actually end up paying. They do their true up at the end of the month so zero credit to carry forward.

They also apply a $1.07 (or there about) per day connection charge or solar tax as I'd call it. They limit the size of your system to 10kw AC. Unless you want to pay the $1 million insurance and pay to upgrade their transformer if needed.

It isn't the best deal, I know there are worse deals out there. Local municipalities here that have their own City of Whatever Electric Dept offer a whole 2c per Kw bought and change a base of 9c for anything bought.

I'm just throwing the information I've found so far out there mostly because the utility company (SECO) has none of this on their site that I could find. A lot of phone calls and emails went back and forth to get this information beyond the faxed, scanned and outdated PDF they have posted.