Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V.11 Sentry Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AKinDC

Apr 30, 2019
DC
There’s a lot I like about the new V.11 interface, but I can’t find a way to turn on Sentry mode from the main screen like you used to be able to do. Doesn’t appear in the customizable icon list.
Any ideas?

Reactions: jkeyser14
I really like most of the UI changes but I really don't like the complete removal of the top right icons and data displaying the cell signal quality and Bluetooth connectivity etc.
Yeah, I had the same complaint. I wish they allow customizing the status icons to add it back (like the bottom menu allows). Phones do allow this. Now it's an extra button click away, which doesn't make much sense given having those on the top were not really intrusive.

Reactions: Benbo
I use the voice command before I leave the car. “Enable sentry mode”
I just leave sentry mode on except at my home. If I actually do want to turn it off after parking somewhere other than home, then I just go to controls and turn it off...its one button press more than previous UI. Alternatively just do it on phone but that's more button presses! Of course, the best way it to use voice command...as in nearly every case of buttons moving around...voice command stays the same! I prefer the cleaner look of the main screen and not having icons plastered over the top.

There's a Teslacam (dashcam viewer) icon on the bottom bar that you can press to bring up the viewer. (If it doesn't show, bring up additional apps. It's the square camera looking icon.)
Thank you, my USB drive got corrupted after the update and wouldn't let the dashcam viewer open anymore i switched it to another one and it worked.

• Informative
Reactions: Sporty