TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

V 8 and Autopilot

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Chuckrs, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Chuckrs

Chuckrs Member

I find V.8 AP adjusts very frequently within the lane with sudden movement. Several times I had to take over when AP was active, there was a curve in the highway, and AP started to take me out of my lane. Never had this problem in V.7.

Further, it seems like there is less information from the side sensors about cars coming up in the blind spot.

Anyone notice this?

2. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

As I stated in other posts on this topic, in 12,000 miles I have never had it cut off another car in an adjacent lane. I find 8.0 to be smoother, particularly on lane changes and on curves. Many have found that setting the steering to "comfort" alleviates the wandering. It seems that "normal" and particularly "sport" are too sensitive for AP.

3. modelx007

modelx007 Member

I have found 8.0 does cause my X to sway more inside my lane as well as get very close to the right side of the lane. I get very nervous passing trucks too.

I have also noticed with AP on and pressing the gas pedal there steering wheel nag starts more frequently like every 30 to 50 secs. Never did that pre 8.0. Anyone else notice that?