Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v10.12.2 aberant behavior today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, now no auto speed control in FSD. Also, kps changed to mph on its own today. I live in the US, but I'm traveling in Canada.
Am I the only one that had to look up aberant to decipher this post?

It's beta software (especially the stack for those of us in the beta test program) - it will (and does rather frequently) make mistakes.
I've been using this version and know it makes mistakes, but it changed it's behavior drastically yesterday and I don't think any developer would see the behavior as something within the norm for this iteration. I have not used FSD today, but last night, FSD was not providing any speed control at all. Basically, the only functionality seemed to be lane holding and braking for ghosts and actual objects. The change in behavior seemed to occur after using a slow charger at a Provincial beach on Prince Edwards Island. I was there for several hours and I wasn't able use my app to see how the charging was going or for anything else. When I returned, speed units had changed from kph to mph and FSD was no longer working as it had.

Last edited:
Also, now no auto speed control in FSD. Also, kps changed to mph on its own today. I live in the US, but I'm traveling in Canada.

I've been using this version and know it makes mistakes, but it changed it's behavior drastically yesterday and I don't think any developer would see the behavior as something within the norm for this iteration. I have not used FSD today, but last night, FSD was not providing any speed control at all. Basically, the only functionality seemed to be lane holding and braking for ghosts and actual objects. The change in behavior seemed to occur after using a slow charger at a Provincial beach on Prince Edwards Island. I was there for several hours and I wasn't able use my app to see how the charging was going or for anything else. When I returned, speed units had changed from kph to mph and FSD was no longer working as it had.
That's not normal behavior. Try a brake pedal reboot. If that doesn't help, try a hard shutdown and reboot (requires disconnecting the 12v and main battery packs). If that doesn't work, open a service ticket and get it looked at.

Reactions: pg3ttt
Update: Today, FSD is working as it did before the problems.
That's not normal behavior. Try a brake pedal reboot. If that doesn't help, try a hard shutdown and reboot (requires disconnecting the 12v and main battery packs). If that doesn't work, open a service ticket and get it looked at.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do the reboot if the problems reoccur. Somehow FSD seems to have repaired itself.