Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v10 absurdly huge web browser window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use the web browser very often, but when I do it's usually for TeslaWaze, which in turn I am using for obstacle warnings (including speed traps, duh). When I do this I'm also using the builtin nav system, I'm not actually relying on TeslaWaze for nav.

Imagine my surprise and non-delight then, when I fired up the browser on my Model S and it grabbed the entire screen other than the top inch-and-a-half or so. As far as I can tell, I can't slide it down to a more reasonable size. Either I slide less than halfway and it jumps back up to hog all the space, or I slide further and it disappears entirely. No compromises for Mr. Browser, Mr. Browser wants it all, or it won't even play.

Please tell me I'm missing something and there's a setting or gesture I'm overlooking, that will make the browser play nice? I mean, yeah, I could run Waze on my phone instead, but come on.

I don't use the web browser very often, but when I do it's usually for TeslaWaze, which in turn I am using for obstacle warnings (including speed traps, duh). When I do this I'm also using the builtin nav system, I'm not actually relying on TeslaWaze for nav.

Imagine my surprise and non-delight then, when I fired up the browser on my Model S and it grabbed the entire screen other than the top inch-and-a-half or so. As far as I can tell, I can't slide it down to a more reasonable size. Either I slide less than halfway and it jumps back up to hog all the space, or I slide further and it disappears entirely. No compromises for Mr. Browser, Mr. Browser wants it all, or it won't even play.

Please tell me I'm missing something and there's a setting or gesture I'm overlooking, that will make the browser play nice? I mean, yeah, I could run Waze on my phone instead, but come on.
You are not missing anything. It is annoying that they changed this functionality from v9. TeslaWaze or TeslaWinds is very useful in 1/2 screen when traveling. 4/5 screen it is annoying.

Email and complain. More of us to do that the better.

My email:
To: servicehelpna[@]tesla.com
Subject: V10 negatively affected browser size
In v9, I was able to adjust the size of the web browser screen to ~full or ~half. In v10, we are only able to go ~full. This greatly diminishes its usefulness in conjunction with the map for navigation. There are website that I want up as well as the map.
Response:
Here at Tesla we are constantly looking for ways to improve our products. Feature requests like this help us to do that. While I cannot guarantee this is something we will enable in the future, I have passed this feature request on to my engineering team for further review.

• Informative
Reactions: jgs