Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Bluetooth playlist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a video or at least impressions on the bluetooth playlist feature? I cant find any impressions about this feature and its one of the few I am looking forward to most. Just curious how it works

They changed the layout a bit so without pics it may not make sense with the current layout. But basiclly when you go to select which bluetooth device you want connect to there is an additonial playlist tab under the device tab. So you touch that and your playlist shows up. I had all of my thumbs up songs from google play music on there and it worked beautifully and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many songs show up, my thumbs up list has almost 900 songs.

They changed the layout a bit so without pics it may not make sense with the current layout. But basiclly when you go to select which bluetooth device you want connect to there is an additonial playlist tab under the device tab. So you touch that and your playlist shows up. I had all of my thumbs up songs from google play music on there and it worked beautifully and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many songs show up, my thumbs up list has almost 900 songs.

Thats awesome. I actually have a Google Play music thumbs up playlist too so that should work perfect.

Reactions: Nogasmn
No, you can touch any track and it does change. I will say this it is not instant, there is a few millisecond delay, long enough if you touch it again thinking nothing happened it will skip back to the beginning as many times as you touched it.
Very strange. Mine doesn't work at all. I wonder if it's an S vs 3 thing. Maybe they forgot to add the control to the S version of the software.

I got the update late in the day yesterday, and this is what I see as well. I get a list of the upcoming songs (shuffled) from my playlist but can't manipulate in any way. Clicking on a future song does nothing. I read this and tried again and a longer press doesn't do anything. I'll try again on the way to work, but...

So that's very puzzling as you've indicated that it works for some. And I think that it's not S vs. 3, if I'm understanding you right as I have a March 2019 M3 SR+ Partial Premium ...

Bluetooth playlist is pretty underwhelming... "Playlist" shows a list of songs stored on the phone. That's it. My old 2015 Prius C could show artist, album, playlist, etc. from iPhone (iTunes) over Bluetooth...

I don‘t see any playlist on my Model S 2016 MCU1 with 2019.32.11.1. iPhone is on iOS 13. Rebooted car and phone. Re-paired the iPhone.

Is it available on other MCU1 cars?

I was able to see the playlist function but only sporadically, also with Apple Music it doesn't seem to show the actual playlist I am in, I can still am not sure what list of music it is showing. I really wish it was simular to what I had in my 2017 Volvo XC90. You selected bluetooth device then the options were just like the iPhone where it had a Library button then it would bring up a menu for Artist, Album, Song, Playlist and you could drill in like a proper menu tree. Hope Elon fixes this in the future. Current state it is pretty much useless for iPhones.

Volvo Sensus BT Library.jpg

Interesting, mine doesn't look like that at all. All I get is the word "Playlist" under my phone. No "Library", no "Shuffle", no album art.

If I select "Playlist", it shows the list of songs starting with the first one played. It does not indicate which one is playing, but does progress through them in that order.

More experimentation this morning:

I CAN select an album and play it (the view is the same as I described above) and when I click a song that's further ahead, it will move to that song. I can also do this when I select an artist. But it doesnt' do anything when I select a playlist.

I'm not at my car now, and your pic is from an S, correct? I need to double check because it looks like you may be in a different part of the interface. I'm under "Phone" and then below the phone, after a few seconds, the word "Playlist" pops up.

I got the update late in the day yesterday, and this is what I see as well. I get a list of the upcoming songs (shuffled) from my playlist but can't manipulate in any way. Clicking on a future song does nothing. I read this and tried again and a longer press doesn't do anything. I'll try again on the way to work, but...

So that's very puzzling as you've indicated that it works for some. And I think that it's not S vs. 3, if I'm understanding you right as I have a March 2019 M3 SR+ Partial Premium ...
I think it is an iphone vs android thing. What phone do you have? I have an android and I can change tracks via the playlist.

The picture is from Volvo Sensus not Tesla. I was showing it as an example where it works better than the playlist functionality we have in V10.
Yeah, I realized that later but was busy at work, sorry about that. A little bit of wishful thinking on my part :) I agree with you, that interface would be superior.

I liked the carplay interface I had in my Volt as well, and if Tesla implemented both the Apple and Android interfaces that would be fine, too...